Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
35,081 Posts
new management.

btw, 2 posts and insulting people don't go well together. get some cred before trying **** like that, or you'll turn the people against you.

· Registered
1,627 Posts
what i don't like about this forum rules represent no support for pirates and yet there are times instead of banning or locking of the thread it just get ignored or comments such as "dont say you have downloaded the iso/rom and you can get support" are allowed, i used to remember even hinting that you pirate you at least get warning... i hate to support pirates especially when thay ask for support for their game and it ends up being a bad dump...

what really annoys me is often discouraged to even claim they are a pirate or using pirated game when they are hinting they are or based on their bahviour, it really annoys me thats called baiting when it is abovious to some people

i just cant understand the rules when it says no pirating in the forums and things like this goes on

· Banned
35,081 Posts
sometimes people use the wrong terms, so when saying then downloaded the bios from the psx, they mean they dumped it.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
what i don't like about this forum rules represent no support for pirates and yet there are times instead of banning or locking of the thread it just get ignored or comments such as "dont say you have downloaded the iso/rom and you can get support" are allowed, i used to remember even hinting that you pirate you at least get warning... i hate to support pirates especially when thay ask for support for their game and it ends up being a bad dump...

what really annoys me is often discouraged to even claim they are a pirate or using pirated game when they are hinting they are or based on their bahviour, it really annoys me thats called baiting when it is abovious to some people

i just cant understand the rules when it says no pirating in the forums and things like this goes on
we follow a "dont ask, dont tell" policy, so unless it is stated outright that a member is in possession of illegal material, we dont really care. "hinting" is not really going to cut it and witchhunting just leads to trouble between both members and the staff and we prefer to have that sort of thing kept to a minimum.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
quit trolling, i dont know what your problem is and i dont really care but ive delt with enough of this crap lately and im not in the mood for more of it.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
so yeah, anyway.

Ngemu got sold by spdude, to this crowdgather group, and they like to plaster their own crappity portals on the places they own.

· The one and only
4,074 Posts
Ive been here for a few years now, and i still dont know who owns this place. Anyway care to answer?
I agree though, i like the old webpage better. I switched my bookmark from front page to forums since it changed.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Bobbi had sold off the site a long time ago to someone going by the nick of "spdude", not much was known about this publicly. Early 2008 the CrowdGather company bought it from him.

Anyway, the reason why we never really noticed is because in effect the forum runs itself anyway. Last year CG popped up and it caused commotion, but as things are in practice it's the daily staff here running the place and doing their job simply because we enjoy it here and want the best for the community. They simply get the add revenue and deal with the technical side whenever a problem occurs.

· The one and only
4,074 Posts
Hm i wonder whos funding this place. i hear forums require quite a bit of server space.

· Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
There are ads everywhere. On the top, between posts (for guests) and even in the text (NoScript ftw!) Hundreds of people are viewing the forum at any given moment, so finance isn't really a problem.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Hm i wonder whos funding this place. i hear forums require quite a bit of server space.
I can't dig you up the statistics of when it was for sale, but you can trust me on it that there is no need to use the "donate through paypal" button.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.