Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Emu Tinkerer
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious about what happened to him, 3 years ago he posted a message saying he was working on another emulator, but not which.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
The truth is that we don't know. He may be busy IRL, married with kids, working multiple jobs, or worse yet maybe he died...

Just don't forget, emu authors have lives outside of this forum so don't be surprised to see them disappear (especially the way this economy is). Example: Caustik. He lives in San Diego, CA, USA last time I checked. Ever since president Bush [email protected]#%ed up the economy, people in San Diego and all over the state of California found themselves unable to afford things like gas to go to work and have to work twice as hard just to make ends meet. I want sir _SF_ back as bad as (or worse than) you do, but it's up to him to return.

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
looking back, SF was treated rather poorly by the community. Its no surprise he left and didnt come back.

·
1,510 Posts
In the initial Thread where SF released Xeon basically every page had people saying it was fake and even the admins and mods (most of them gone now)
were rude to him.

Then there's this thread: http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=41488
pretty much describes itself.

If you look at the Xeon threads its pretty obvious SF wasnt appreciated much :(

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
You'd difficultly see fervor from anyone but rabid techy fans, with progress this slow for xbox emulation in general.
It only seems like regular user preference for cxbx or if you prefer, centralized efforts in place of diverging. There's too few experimented tinkerers for xbox already, no need sitting it out each in his corner.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
looking back, SF was treated rather poorly by the community. Its no surprise he left and didnt come back.
*waves*

Now you know how I felt. I ultimately didn't leave because I wanted revenge, and I got it. Now no one [email protected]#%s with me!

·
Registered
177 Posts
_SF_ was treated pretty badly, I feel that since no one gave him the respect for trying, he was within his right to do whatever he felt at the time. Sure, it sounds unfair but well this is what happens when you get too ****y with name tags.

edit c o c k y is a bad word? good grief..

·
1,510 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
you had your doubters but SF's case was just brutal. Glad you put the haters in their place though ;)
I had more than doubters. I've had mods and admins mock me behind my back on IRC and all kinds of stuff. There was alot of bias against me when I first joined these forums. It was among the worst I've ever encountered in ANY forum, EVER. It doesn't stop at the Xbox emu area. I got a complete [email protected]#%storm when I was writing a PS2E plugin. But I forgive everyone plus I got my revenge.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had more than doubters. I've had mods and admins mock me behind my back on IRC and all kinds of stuff. There was alot of bias against me when I first joined these forums. It was among the worst I've ever encountered in ANY forum, EVER. It doesn't stop at the Xbox emu area. I got a complete [email protected]#%storm when I was writing a PS2E plugin. But I forgive everyone plus I got my revenge.
That only means that you're strong minded and never once doubted your abilities and theories. There aren't many people who can deal with that level of stress even though it's the internet most would just run away and never return or create a different account and try again. :p

I've had a similar instance in the past, I was pretty much boo'd out of emutalk. Never again did I bother with that place. The admins, moderators were very immature, none of them cared to vouch for me it was a sad sight and even though it was on the internet, somehow i started caring. I think now I'm much more determined but I suppose not enough to achieve revenge. :dead:

·
Registered
71 Posts
That only means that you're strong minded and never once doubted your abilities and theories. There aren't many people who can deal with that level of stress even though it's the internet most would just run away and never return or create a different account and try again. :p

I've had a similar instance in the past, I was pretty much boo'd out of emutalk. Never again did I bother with that place. The admins, moderators were very immature, none of them cared to vouch for me it was a sad sight and even though it was on the internet, somehow i started caring. I think now I'm much more determined but I suppose not enough to achieve revenge. :dead:
First let me clarify I remember when Blue came to the scene (at least on these forums) and that Blue is an exception to the rule.... 9/10 kids come wanting to be all that emu dev that they are seeing in the forums. They are all eager, talk the talk, ask a lot, usually A LOT of questions and could go either way when you read these forums for which readers/mods can never tell right off which way these eager beavers will go. Wee all know proof is in the puddin' and Blue has put his proof in all the right ways. First off by getting backing from caustic to continue where he left off and then contributing/learning & growing in his trade.

He not only did the talk (and blue was an eager beaver in the beginning for those that remember the beginning) which is easy, but he showed POC's with svn released code built on top of caustics work. He also continues to show a lot of growth in his skillz and I for one am very happy to have been witness to one of very few that actually make if in the dev world.

I know he has a long road ahead of him as far as xbox goes, but he is and has always been very passionate about xbox and I wish him the very best and hope that he does what no other has been able to for the xbox scene to date! Keep up the great work, keep the scene alive!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
First let me clarify I remember when Blue came to the scene (at least on these forums) and that Blue is an exception to the rule.... 9/10 kids come wanting to be all that emu dev that they are seeing in the forums. They are all eager, talk the talk, ask a lot, usually A LOT of questions and could go either way when you read these forums for which readers/mods can never tell right off which way these eager beavers will go. Wee all know proof is in the puddin' and Blue has put his proof in all the right ways. First off by getting backing from caustic to continue where he left off and then contributing/learning & growing in his trade.
I never once had doubts, to me he was always a reputable source not just on here but elsewhere. However, if he was not, then oh well the jokes on him.

Your post suggests that there are plenty of 'wannabe' emu authors. If you're implying that an increasing amount of people who are able to write chip-8's today are not considered 'developers', well everyone has to start somewhere. I strongly believe it is up to the 'developee' to decide how they will rationalize their attitude/actions against any kind of project. Will they be c o c k y? and claim to be what they want. Or will they be smart? and learn from their previous works and improve, can you guess which route I took? I might not be a godsend developer, but that's okay I'm responsible and still learning. For the record, I don't care about ever having a name tag. I don't need people to recognize me for who I wasn't before.

Regarding 'Shogans development on CXBX. I appreciate every bit of effort from everyone, not just from Blueshogan. I appreciate Caustik's for lighting the way and enabling future developers to learn from his discovery. Even though I never once glanced at the cxbx source code, i'm happy it's there for me and anyone else to learn from it, the same applies to the very first dolwin/dolphin developers.

Looking back at the thread posted by Bill_gates http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=41488, I'm rather confident that what you're saying isn't entirely true. I'm proud by how much I changed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts