Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Happened to ngemu.com forums for two or three days? I tried to enter the forum, and an error came up in my browser saying "there has been a problem with the database, an email has been dispached to the technical staff
to notify them of this problem".

I was not able to get on these forums for a full two or three days, why was this?

Sorry if this is spam, but I did not no if it was a problem on the servers side or my side.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Xtreme2damax said:
What Happened to ngemu.com forums for two or three days? I tried to enter the forum, and an error came up in my browser saying "there has been a problem with the database, an email has been dispached to the technical staff
to notify them of this problem".

I was not able to get on these forums for a full two or three days, why was this?

Sorry if this is spam, but I did not no if it was a problem on the servers side or my side.
My guess was either the MySQL database had the login changed, or the permissions were. Either way, the forums software (vBulletin) wasn't able to access it. Really doesn't matter though, cause everything's working now.:D

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Clarification

Thanks for clarifying that generalplot, I was worried I might of been accidently banned, which would be near impossible, because I alway respect the rules of every forums I go into (Unlike some) and make sure I read the rules before I post, I have never not in one forum Iv'e posted in ever Have made offensive remarks, and I never posted anything Illegal, So It is near Impossible. Sorry for the babble, I was worried the past few days, and I really like coming on the ngemu forums :D

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
If you'd noticed, the URL has recently changed for the forums. It used to be ngemu.com/forums - now it's forums.ngemu.com

Looks like someone's been re-configuring phpbb.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't even notice

I did'nt even notice the url had changed, must of missed something, Any how I am glad it's back up.

If any one wants to join me on my forum your more than welcome to post, I created a free gaming forum, same rules that apply here also apply there, no Posting or linking to offensive content, Or anything that is illegal

Make sure you read the rules First! I'm in the process of setting it up, all of you might want to check it out in a couple days, so far I'm the only admin and moderator there, also it's a phpbb forum. The url is to my forum is:

http://www.createforum.com/phpbb/?mforum=gamers

Look forward to seeing you there!

sorry that I posted somthing that was irrelevent to the title and topic of this thread, but I thought I would post this here instead of opening an entirely new thread. I need people to post there often, because forums that have not been posted to in 30 days automatically get deleted. :thumb:

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
KillerShots said:
If you'd noticed, the URL has recently changed for the forums. It used to be ngemu.com/forums - now it's forums.ngemu.com

Looks like someone's been re-configuring phpbb.
Umm, as far as I know (anyone correct me if I'm wrong), but the url wouldn't cause a database error, as long as the config.php file in the includes directory of the forums has the correct database info and can access it.:)

Xtreme2damax said:
Thanks for clarifying that generalplot, I was worried I might of been accidently banned, which would be near impossible, because I alway respect the rules of every forums I go into (Unlike some) and make sure I read the rules before I post, I have never not in one forum Iv'e posted in ever Have made offensive remarks, and I never posted anything Illegal, So It is near Impossible. Sorry for the babble, I was worried the past few days, and I really like coming on the ngemu forums :D
Not a problem. No, I'm pretty sure that if you were banned, you'd either not be able to login or see an unauthorized (403 error I believe it is) and not a message about a database error.;)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I dunno what happened but it's good to be back, internet is boring with this place down :heh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.