Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay, finaly scourged enough money to buy a new gfx card; (goodbye ATI Rage 128, you served my well...)

Anyways; I was wondering what card would have a much better performance on ePSXe, and quality for $350.

I would appreciate some buying consideration.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
With that much cash, I'd wait just a short time for some of the other GeForce 3 cards to be released. The Gainward one looks fairly decent for the moment, though (starts at ~$342).

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Once ATI hires someone to write some decent drivers then maybe, just maybe, I would consider recommending an ATI card of any sort for any kind of quality gaming experience. Right now I say go with eithe ra GeForce 2 or a GeForce 3, all depends upon how much you want to spend and/or whether the features of the gf3 float your boat enough.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
If your looking to get a gefoce 3, you may wanna consider waiting till december. This is around the time when the 2nd generation of GF 3 will be hitting the market, and the 2nd generation of a card is always better. Especially if you wanna overclock.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Get GeForce 3 by Winfast

OR

For the ultimate Environment Bump Mapping (which is COOL!), Get KYRO II !:D

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
gerbilcannon why u slate ati cards?
Have u ever used one?
I have an AtI radeon 64ddr vivo and I can tell u it ROX.
Seriously u should give them a chance,I was going to buy a G-Force but I found that they were a lot more ££ (about £50 more) so I decieded to try the radeon and I have to say I'm very pleased with it.All my games run very smoothly in 32 bit with everything maxed out @1280x1024.
For example =
unreal T=D3D=avg 90fps OGL=avg 60 (@1280x1024x32 with compressed textures)
[email protected] max everything =60fps
Also the colours look amazing on my radeon and with the raid-on tweaker putting the [email protected] its crystal clear as far as u can see.
I have it running at 200x400 no problems with stock cooling.
Sure going by the mad onion 3d marks or games in 16bit the radeon gets its arse kicked by the g-forces but 3d marks geared towards the g-forces and who plays in 16bit when u have the 32bit option.3
Just my opinion btw :D
As for Zataki's question I'd agree with Ryos and Adair either buy something cheap to fill the gap and wait a few months to see a price drop on the G3 or await the new radeon 2.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Yes I have run an ati card. Maybe they've improved their drivers since then but I doubt it. I've run a radeon and a rage pro (BLECH) and I was severely unimpressed with either not to mention there were many video glitches and the visual quality just wasn't quite as good as it should have been. And yes I did tweak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts