Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally i bought new GC to replace my broken one. I currently have Metroid Prime, Zelda Wind Wa(n)ker + OC&MQ bonus disc and Super Mario Sunshine. (well, this one is actually borrowed from friend)

Except Mario, i have completed them all, so what games to buy next? I dont have any game magazines currently, and there is so many games so picking possible gems from thousand different game reviews is pretty hard to do.

Oh, and dont mention FF Crystal Chronicles. It sucked big time...

·
Administrator
15,449 Posts
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Tales of Symphonia, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Viewtiful Joe.

u should want for new releases next month like...Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Viewtiful Joe 2 :)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooo Metroid Prime 2. :drool: THAT is definite must. Super Smash Brothers is quite interesting atwell. Played it at my friends house. Quite addictive with large group of players. :)

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
- Ikaruga
- F-Zero GX (Warning: Hard Game)
- Tales of Symphonia
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Soul Calibur 2
- Eternal Darkness
- Mario Kart: DD
- Viewtiful Joe

Watch for some of the new releases too, such as Paper Mario 2, Baten Kaitos, Metroid Prime: Echoes and Viewtiful Joe 2.

[]s Badaro

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*looks at gamespot*

Ikaruga looks very retro! Definite buy! I loved gradius+parodius and similar games. :lol:

Never liked F-Zero games, not even on good old Snes. I prefer real cars in somewhat real simulation like GT on PSX/PS2.

TOS. Cool, nippon RPG! Screens look great. (BOF4?) I hope story will be good. I guess this will be first game to get.

SC2 might be interesting, but i think i'll get MK Deadly Alliance first for my fighter game needs.

Eternal Darkness also might be interesting. Probaply second buy.

Mario Kart. Well, its Mario Kart 'nuff said. :lol: My littlesister will love it. ;)

Viewtiful Joe. My friend said this is good game, but somehow screens arent convincing me. Looks some simple grasshopper sidescroller game. Snes Turtles In Time is enough for me. :cool:

Thanks to both of you Badass-ro and Yeloazndevil for great suggestions! :bow:

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
MaZa said:
Ikaruga looks very retro! Definite buy! I loved gradius+parodius and similar games. :lol:
This is probably the game I played the most for the GC. Kickass old-school shmup.

MaZa said:
TOS. Cool, nippon RPG! Screens look great. (BOF4?) I hope story will be good. I guess this will be first game to get.
Story is average, but gameplay is fantastic. It has an active battle system, similar to the previous Tales games, but with an even faster pacing.

MaZa said:
Viewtiful Joe. My friend said this is good game, but somehow screens arent convincing me. Looks some simple grasshopper sidescroller game. Snes Turtles In Time is enough for me. :cool:
If you like Turtles in Time, I recommend that look for Viewtiful Joe 2 that's coming next month. The original is probably the best side-scroller I've played in years, and the second one will correct the greatest flaw of the original: Lack of a multi-player mode.

[]s Badaro

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
MaZa said:
SC2 might be interesting, but i think i'll get MK Deadly Alliance first for my fighter game needs.
you might want to wait on that one. i heard MK Deception is going to come out for GC in December. I'll surely be getting that one :D

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Badaro said:
- Ikaruga
- F-Zero GX (Warning: Hard Game)
- Tales of Symphonia
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Soul Calibur 2
- Eternal Darkness
- Mario Kart: DD
- Viewtiful Joe

Watch for some of the new releases too, such as Paper Mario 2, Baten Kaitos, Metroid Prime: Echoes and Viewtiful Joe 2.

[]s Badaro
Thats the List i was about to say, i'de add the pikmin games to that too though if your looking for something different. If you like Rogue Squadron then Rebel Strike is a great buy too, especially for Coop play (despite crappy walking levels)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I definitely agree with what everyone has said so far. Now is a good time to buy, cause some cool games are coming out now/soon, and alot of the the good old games are dropping in price.

One that hasn't been mentioned that I had alot of fun with is Summoner 2: A Goddess Reborn (which very few people have played)... you can probably get it for under 20 bucks new. Another one that's cool is Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes... it's far from perfect, but if you can find it for cheap (I got mine off e-bay for 15 bucks new) it's cool and fun for fans of the original game. Another one is Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, a cool puzzle/platform game.

Also, if you like the genre, both Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and Animal Crossing are cool games and VERY time consuming. You can get AC for 20 bucks or under, and HM just dropped to the 30 price point (so you might be able to find it for even cheaper).

Another whole category are the Dreamcast ports. Alot of people have mentioned Ikaruga, but if you never had a DC and you like those games there are some cool ones like the Sonic games, Skies of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi, etc. etc.

The Cube also has some awesome party type games if you like them. Mario Party 4 and 5 are fun as hell. Donkey Konga is alot of fun too. WarioWare is cool, especially if you haven't played the GBA version (cause it's basically the exact same game), but the GC multiplayer is pretty fun. Some of the ULTIMATE party games are Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, and they also have some fun single player games too. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour is also a simple and fun game that's fun multiplayer.

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Midway Arcade Treasures *If you're into Retro*
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 *If you like Mortal Kombat*
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Capcom vs SNK 2
Tony Hawk Underground

And yes this is from my library :O

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Monkey Ball series.. ahh.. amazing games. :) Midway's new arcade treasures is awesome. MKII and 3 make it worth buying just for them.

Everyone's already said everything I would have, so.. well, I can't wait for Baten Kaitos. :dance:

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Chrono Archangel said:
you might want to wait on that one. i heard MK Deception is going to come out for GC in December. I'll surely be getting that one :D
Electronic Boutique has it listed for Nov 11th? :thumb:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
KanedA said:
no one has mentioned upcoming Resident Evil 4 ?? :>
Well, RE4 is already slated for a 2005 release date... I can barely think that far ahead when there are so many good games to play now and in the very near future. If we want to count 2005 releases, then I'm also really looking forward to the next The Legend of Zelda (me and everyone else!), the Fire Emblem game for the Cube, the next Star Fox game, and Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (it seems like an interesting idea to have a platformer controlled with the bongos).

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Rhombus said:
Another whole category are the Dreamcast ports. Alot of people have mentioned Ikaruga, but if you never had a DC and you like those games there are some cool ones like the Sonic games, Skies of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi, etc. etc.

The Cube also has some awesome party type games if you like them. Mario Party 4 and 5 are fun as hell. Donkey Konga is alot of fun too. WarioWare is cool, especially if you haven't played the GBA version (cause it's basically the exact same game), but the GC multiplayer is pretty fun. Some of the ULTIMATE party games are Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, and they also have some fun single player games too. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour is also a simple and fun game that's fun multiplayer.
Skies of Arcadia is excellent. One question about Donkey Konga: How enjoyable is it with a single bongo controller? Because I considered buying that game, but those controllers and quite expensive around here and I have my doubts if the game is worth it with a single one, considering it's a party game.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
KanedA said:
no one has mentioned upcoming Resident Evil 4 ?? :>
I've purchased a few RE games but could never 'get into' them...
I've played RE1: Director's Cut, RE2, RE3, RE Code Veronica. Of course I didn't play them that much, or pay that much for them... :p

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
MK: Deception is coming to the 'cube?!?!?

YES!! I was really pissed when I saw it launched only as an Xbox/PS2 title.. can't wait til it comes out so I can pick it up. :) I'd get it for PS2, but I have soo many games for it and only about 10 for teh cube. :p

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Badaro said:
Skies of Arcadia is excellent. One question about Donkey Konga: How enjoyable is it with a single bongo controller? Because I considered buying that game, but those controllers and quite expensive around here and I have my doubts if the game is worth it with a single one, considering it's a party game.

[]s Badaro
It's actually quite fun, kinda like DDR with the hands. Very addicting, even with just 1 bongo. :)

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
man get Paper mario or at least rent it.It's so Awesome!! :wub:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts