Next Generation Emulation banner

What Gamecube emulator should I choose?

6K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  babiesinbondage 
#1 ·
Are there any Gamecube emulators that do Skies of Arcadia justice? Also it would be a bonus if it would do Fire Emblem.
My specs:
4GB DDR2
2.13 Dual
500GB 7200 RPM HD
Nvidia 260M 1GB

#2 ·
Dolphin is really the only solution available. Though not with those specs. Your laptop is too slow for GC/Wii emulation in almost all cases.

#3 · (Edited)
Why isn't my computer good enough? Is it the processor that isn't good enough? Because I'm planning on upgrading it. I'm in the process of figuring out what one I should go with. The one I'm really looking at is the 2.8 dual but I may only get the 2.5 dual... would that help it run better?
And are you sure it won't run Dolphin because it runs PCSX2 just fine, and it seems like PS2 emulation would be more difficult...
But does it work with Skies of Arcadia? Because that's really the only game I'd play with it.
And I don't care about wii, I'm only going to emulate game cube.
Also, where can I find an up to date compatibility list?

#4 ·
It's your CPU that Dolphin will take issue with. It'll run Dolphin in its current state, yes. It just won't run it very well.

PCSX2 is considerably more optimized and offers speedhacks for slower systems.

Upgrading to a faster CPU will certainly help, but you will very likely still not be able to achieve full speed. For the amount of money it will cost for a new laptop CPU that still won't achieve full speed, you can just buy a Wii.

#7 ·
Would a quadcore work better than a 2.8 dual or will the extra processing pkwer of the quad be so much more than it needs tha it wont make a difference?
And i already have xbox, xbox 360, laptop, ps2, dreamcast, saturn, snes.
The last thing i need is another system ill never have time to play!

#8 ·
A Quad Core will offer better performance on the latest PCSX2 builds but not Dolphin. In Dolphin you wont notice any difference using a 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo or a 2.8GHz Quad Core.

And keep in mind that you still need a decent video card.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.