Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I'm not one for remakes, but I'd love to see something like Dungeon Keeper being done again, maybe a third game would simply be the best. I wouldn't mind seeing the original Thief being remade either. Or, best one: Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, but with the complete old system in tact (ADnD v2), remade into 3d and perfected. Perhaps through the Dragonage engine, it may be a bit better than the NWN1 / 2 engine.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
no doubt about it, another earthworm jim game that is good (not like the 3D version they did a while ago, but a new action platformer in 2d goodness) is long overdue.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point, I'd like to see a new Castlevania as 2d action platformer too, just like symphony of the night. (IMO the best castlevania ever)

1,834 Posts
resident evil 2 & FFVII :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well remembered Shafeen. Contra is a classic.
Yes, and like many it is best played as a classic, in 2d. In 3d it's be nothing more than a hectic shooter like Serious Sam, with hordes of aliens that all do instant kill attacks. People don't like instant kill anymore, they want health bars. And they don't like perfecting skills, they want to finish it in one go.

No offense of course, but I think a 3d Contra would fail. In any case, there's Expendable Soldiers for Dreamcast which comes pretty close :)

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
"They could remake it in 2D with much better graphics and stuff ;P"

Maybe I'm wrong (and someone correct me if I am) but producing HD quality sprites costs a lot more than just opening your favorite 3D modelling program and whipping up some generic bald space marines and doom-esque monsters.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What does this have to do with the thread?? I don't care how much it costs. I'm just dreaming about a 2D Contra game into a new generation console.

Read again: Which game you would like to see remade ?? This is not about costs, it's about a game you'd like to see again. Stay ontopic, please. Don't you have a game you would like to see remade the same way it was in the past with better technology ?? Fine.. Go somewhere else then. :lol:

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Megaman X, Super Metroid... that's about it really. :p

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
heres my list not in any particular order Planescaoe: torrment, valkyre profile 1, diablo 1 (not 3 ONE!!!!),Baldur's Gate 2 or fallout one in a similar style (not first person and preferably still using dnd rules but normal hack and slash would be acceptable), einhander, and many more i can not think of right now.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
im sick of all those remakes. remakes are basically a big white flag by developers screaming "we give up".
if they arent capable of developing new games then they might as well stop bothering, because i am not going to spend my precious time replaying all games i once enjoyed every 5 years and pay for it again.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I'd like to see the first 3 "Mana" games on a DVD and a new Mana that is a worthy successor to the 3rd game, ditto with Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I don't know about games being remade, but talk about threads getting remade...

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Who said they have to remake it in 3D?? They could remake it in 2D with much better graphics and stuff ;P
Actually, having Contra 2 with Full HD quality 2d rather than upscaled stuff sounds like the bomb to me.

If that's the case, I wouldn't mind having an even more detailed Baldur's Gate either, complete with redrawn sprites in HD. Epic ;)

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
"They could remake it in 2D with much better graphics and stuff ;P"

Maybe I'm wrong (and someone correct me if I am) but producing HD quality sprites costs a lot more than just opening your favorite 3D modelling program and whipping up some generic bald space marines and doom-esque monsters.
They could still make it 3D but keep it a sidescroller instead of being a FPS.
One of the best part (for me) of SSBB was when, in the adventure mode, we were going through Mario-like levels or fought Ridley as a boss with Samus... From a "2D" PoV.

Keep the same gameplay, keep the same view, just make it 3D but seen from the side. I'd love to play a (new) Metroid that way. The Metroid Prime games are fun and all, but I'd like to revisit the old gameplay. (and while emulators are a great way to do this, it would still be fun to play such a game with the same graphics that I've seen in SSBB)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts