Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
You'll not be disappointed w/the 12.40 drivers either. I am using them w/my GEForce 2 GTS and they are the fastest I've seen yet.:) Also the the colors on my PC and all my games are more vibrant than they were. As CD said, they should work fine w/your GEForce MX.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Nope.

It must be a combination of win 2k 2P2 and the new drivers. Previously the configuration failed for 8 bit textures. However since installing the new detonators the test is passed and the game ran fine.... for 5 minute then it crashed. However when I used the win95 compatibility layer added by sp1/sp2 the game stopped crashing.

I have a dual boot and tried win Me to see if it what would happen. Still failed.

Another bizzare twist is that I couldn't get my SB 128 it work with it in win ME, no glitches in win 2k.

I guess directx for win2k must be superior to that of win 9x

C

·
0 Posts
FYI, the Compatibility Layer is just integration of APCOMPAT.exe, a tool found on Win2K CDs, since the initial release.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...is that really the newly driver?...its not some APRIL FOOL thing again is it?
cos i didn't see any updated driver on nvidia except 650...
thansk. ;)

S

·
0 Posts
The 12.40 drivers are for real. They are unoffical beta drivers, that is why you won't find them on Nvidia's site. Just because they are betas doesn't mean that they don't work as good as offical releases, they do. They are fast, the fastest I've seen yet and the colors are more vibrant. They are worth getting.
UncleClive, unfortuneately, I do not remeber the link either. But it is really not necessary. All Betamax has to do is use the new 12.40 Detonator drivers w/his card. His card will then do software rendering fast enough to make it look like hardware rendering. It will be plenty fast enough for FF 7 PC and the 8 bit palatized texturing won't even be missed.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
erm like I said FF7 Pc runs fine using the compatiblity layer under Win2K and the new drivers. No patches required. However I just though it bizzare concerning WinMe. Thanks for the info but considering I only use Win Me to run games that I can't get to work in Win 2K (read Black and white) I think I'll stick with my current setup

Ps Didn't know that CD. Still its suspicious that they choose to change its method of implementation to a tab on the shortcut. Is this the method that they intend to use for WinXP?

PPS Will post a screen shot later to Prove that it IS using hardware acceleration.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ok heres a screen shot of my disply settings and the configuration for FF7. Like I said it 8 bit textures are availible in hardware acceleration under win 2K

C

·
0 Posts
It is part of the way...

Initially, unsupported programs can be run with a SUPER user-friendly Wizard, and there will be an option to always run this application in that mode, which is where the tab in the shortcut comes into play...

APCOMPAT.exe had the same modes, just more technical descriptions, and more options...

Check it out at NT Compatible (it's under their FAQ somewhere, I believe) or see for yourself...

S

·
0 Posts
Yes Samor, that was the link to which UncleClive and I were referring. Thanks for posting it. That patch enables Riva TNT cards to work correctly w/FF 7 PC. Some people may still find it useful.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 18 of 18 Posts