Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ehehe....well im going to try out this GBA thing now, so what emu do you think should i get? Visual Boy? or some other emu?

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
i don't know.. haven't tried one.. :p maybe i'll get a GBA tho, dyo know how much it is now? :p

PS: Visual BOy advanced is considered the best, i take it...

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I'm using both VisualBoy Advance and BoycottAdvance.
Pros and Cons:

VBA:
+ The extra filters (Super Eagle, 2XSal, Interpolation, etc etc)
- Slow on slower systems (On my p3-600, I need to skip 1 frame to get fullspeed.... not anymore since I oc'ed it up to 800)

BA:
+ Fast!
- No fancy filtering.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i need one that can run on a relatively slow computer. How about DreamGBA?

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
PII 266, 48 MB ram, 4mb S3Trio

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Hrm...it might work. But from BCA's site, one of the statements is "The emulation speed is a lot better, but I still think VisualBoy Advance [I'm assuming stripped of options] and DreamGBA are faster." Might want to try those first.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but will it run on my artifact of a computer? :p

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
GBAs are great, I love playin' Mario Kart on my little GBA, it's the coolest. Go run out of your house (naked and/or in the middle of the night if you have to) and buy one.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe not. i tend to lose any kind of handhelds....the last one a palm m100. :p

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> (naked and/or in the middle of the night if you have to)

I think the former is illegal in most communities...

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...unless 7-11 decides to carry GBAs :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Keiichi,

(Just before I start... I watched *a small part* of Ah! Megami-Sama a few days ago... I knew abouth the manga/anime a looong time ago, but I had never watched it... I liked so much! Belldandy really is a goddess! Have you seem her in 'Nightmare of My Goddess' [hentai], by Tenzan Factory? ;))

More or less a month ago I was trying to run any GBA emu on my P133 16MB. BoycottAdvance appeared to be the best for my old system. As I upgraded now to a PIII800 128MB, any of them seems to work fine, although DreamGBA has a little advantage on speed...

To your system, I recommend BoycottAdvance. But nothing prevents you from testing others to see what runs best on your machine, right? :)

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Death Metal
Have you seem her in 'Nightmare of My Goddess' [hentai], by Tenzan Factory? ;))

nope, and i have no intentions to.

More or less a month ago I was trying to run any GBA emu on my P133 16MB. BoycottAdvance appeared to be the best for my old system. As I upgraded now to a PIII800 128MB, any of them seems to work fine, although DreamGBA has a little advantage on speed...

To your system, I recommend BoycottAdvance. But nothing prevents you from testing others to see what runs best on your machine, right? :)

i used VGBA last night...worked well also. ill download boycott later and see for myself tonight. :p

thanks for your input.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts