P2 300MHZ
3dfx Voodoo 3 2000
Some shitty soundcard

Should i use Pete's OpenGL or Lewpys ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well.... Lewpys plugin ain't the best since it can't show the map in the begining, eveything execpt the cities and the character is black and the menus on the map are not showing either ...

·
ItsNotMe
164 Posts
Originally posted by [vEX]
well.... Lewpys plugin ain't the best since it can't show the map in the begining, eveything execpt the cities and the character is black and the menus on the map are not showing either ...
How about Pete's plugin?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think the software GPU plugins do the best job with this game, or so I've heard. One bad thing is that I have yet to hear of anybody who can get the sound running well, which is a shame because the music is very good.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The sound's screwed in pretty much every plugin I tried with FF Tactics, so I just stuck with the ePSXe internal plugin (I'm lazy and don't like to configure things).

·
Registered
513 Posts
FF: Tactics is labeled as "Tested" on the VGS compatablity list. While I haven't firsthand experience with it (it's not in stores near me, along with Xenogears and Chrono Cross), I've heard some good things about it. Of course, VGS isn't free, so it's up to thee.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
All well-known emus emulate FFT quite well (even bleem yes :) )
But man can t play that game w/o those nice musics; I ve tried
epsxe w/ null s plugins (all versions) ; pete midas and the ePSXe
spu core.
and it didn t perform very well :(

Bleem: It s awful, don t try it....

and VGS is perfect w/ it (although a few sounds are missing in the game).and yup VGS isn t free so...Make up ur mind!

bye

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well I managed to play FFT without any sound problems.
But most people seems to have trouble with it,so I must be very lucky(or a genius in plugin configuration:D )
BTW,I'm using the internal SPU.
Bye.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Re: Re: What emu for FF Tactics ?

Originally posted by [vEX]
Quicknote: FFT is looking a LOT better with the 1.33 version. Just make sure you set Offscreen drawing to Extra+FBR.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel
Well I managed to play FFT without any sound problems.
But most people seems to have trouble with it,so I must be very lucky(or a genius in plugin configuration:D )
BTW,I'm using the internal SPU.
Bye.
:D
Yes U must be a genius for configuring the internal spu
:D :D

(BTW, U haven t ANY sound problems w/ epsxe?? Well...
guess u re very lucky yes :( )

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
Or, you don't know what FFT really sounds like ;)
Sorry CD but I finished the game on my PSX and so far on ePSXe I didn't notice any sound problems so far (I'm at the execution site battle).
Bye.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts