Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using Outlook Express for years and I'm thinking about switching because all the exploits and stuff of the sort. So far I have two candidates:
Outlook- which I already have but never used because it feels bulky, unlike OE's simple and slime design.
Thunderbird- after my successful transition into Firefox, I've been thinking about using this one.
Please feel free to mention other clients and comment on speed/efficiency, security, design, etc.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Outlook 2k3 was quite good. Didn't feel as bloated as previous versions, and actualy ran faster than Express. I used Thunderbird for quite a while and I think that's probably your best bet as it's about the same speed as Outlook 2k3 and it doesn't have the features which you will most likely find useless.
Personaly? I use gMail.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use Thunderbird for my private mails and Outlook for business.

I would recommend Thunderbird.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Either Mozilla Thunderbird or Novell Evolution.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I recently started using thunderbird too, and the latest nightlies work great. It works better, faster and more estable than outlook for me, and it's free, wich outlook is... not.

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
first I used outlook... but when I saw thunderbird, its tyhunderbird all the way...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, looks like I need to give Thunderbird a try. Is it compatible with the major virus scanning software? I use Norton 2003 and AVG.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
stilz said:
Thanks guys, looks like I need to give Thunderbird a try. Is it compatible with the major virus scanning software? I use Norton 2003 and AVG.
Symantec Norton Antivirus 2005 works fine with Thunderbird for me. Actually, I'm pretty sure that it can intercept mail traffic from any client.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Norton scans incoming and outcoming email directly from the mail ports, not in the aplication, so it will work regardless wich one you use. Very nice when you have an email proxy, i must say ;) .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts