Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Flood Yourself
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there ..

So what exactly does it do? The reason I'm asking is because I'm playing a patched version of FFIX UK PAL, and because it's a PAL version the MDECs are all timed at 50fps. But, if I set the frame rate limiter at 50fps then the rest of the game is too slow, that is the music is a lot slower than it should be etc. However if I set the FPS limiter at 60fps then although the rest of the game runs perfectly the MDECs are going a little too fast and the sound skips every second or so, regardless of which sound plugin I'm using. So is there a way around this? I'm using Pete's D3D GPU 1.52 and Iori's SPU 1.471. My ISOs are from original discs and patched with the Hooligans UK PAL patch.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I don't think MDEC timing has anything to do with this... I think it deals with synchronization of timing/visuals, but I might be wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
well i force NTSC and run at 60fps cap, and the cut-scenes run at the right speed, and the game is nice and fast, and i'm also using
all the same plug-ins as you are.

and yes, i'm running the UK PAL Version.

·
Flood Yourself
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you force NTSC? If you mean by pressing circle at the hooligans intro, then I've already tried that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts