Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know C++ and some 16 bit assembly (a little bit, but still learning...). Some 3D essentials (3D transform/rotate/scale, Goraud/Phong shading, never tried textures yet). What other things should I know to be a serious 3D programmer?
I'd like to make this as a hobby, or something to get profit (ie. part-time job)
Thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
dont really know much bout programing and such
but in order to have a 3d game, you might need to learn 3d rendering
there are several programs out there like Bryce and 3d Studio

·
Registered
168 Posts
To be a 3D programmer (like me heh heh) u should either- A. Go take a course on 3D programming, B. Read a book, or C. Dowload a SDK like DirectX and learn the ins and outs of it... You should also know basic 3d Geometry... go learn with 3Dmax Studio (my favorite) or read the tutorial in Direct3D ... its http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I made some 3D DOS proggies with what I know abt 3D programming. Nothing fancy but enough to show what I know about it. What I'm interested though is what things should I kknow to jump ships from DOS to windows programming. I think no one code proggies exclusively for DOS. So anyone can give an advice on this?
Thanks!

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Since DOS no longer exists in the new versions of Windows, it would be an incredibly bad idea to focus on DOS development. Suffer and work with Windows' limitations instead. You might want to check out M$'s official site for developers with MSDN to see some options of programming. Patience is vital, and although you don't have to be insane, it certainly wouldn't hurt to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts