Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean if your computer freezes when playing a backup copy of a game using ePSXe AND Bleem?

I have a backup copy of GT2 that a friend loaned me to try. I experience computer lockups when racing. Freezes my whole system. At first I thought it was because of overclocking but I started playing GT1, no problems. Then I played some PC games .. mainly Max Payne for a few hours with no problems.

Like I said I tried the game in both Bleem and ePSXe and I get the same lockups at the same place.

S

·
0 Posts
It sounds like you have a bad copy. ePSXe does not like bad copies and will freeze, lockup, or crash if a copy of a game is bad enough. My advice would be to go and rent the game and try it out. If ePSXe or bleem! still has problems w/an original, then you have another problem. I am assuming that all the other games you mentioned are originals, right?
bleem! having a problem even w/a copy is, IMHO, to be expected.
To me, bleem! is a "flaky" piece of software that runs some games well, some not so well, and a lot not at all.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
If it crashes in the same spot for both progs, it's gotta be a problem with the CD. Try making an ISO out of it and see what happens.

·
Registered
18 Posts
download blindread from www.blindwrite.com and make an ISO image of the CD he loaned you and try using the internal ISO support.. I noticed that ISO's play much better than my PSX CDs do...

Originally posted by clumzy
What does it mean if your computer freezes when playing a backup copy of a game using ePSXe AND Bleem?

I have a backup copy of GT2 that a friend loaned me to try. I experience computer lockups when racing. Freezes my whole system. At first I thought it was because of overclocking but I started playing GT1, no problems. Then I played some PC games .. mainly Max Payne for a few hours with no problems.

Like I said I tried the game in both Bleem and ePSXe and I get the same lockups at the same place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts