Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After i get a computer set up for gaming again, what do people think of this keyboard? i like it, and i need something new. I love my new wireless setup but the keys are slightly curved and stuff so its not the best for games. I like all the lights on it :D

(btw, if the link dont work, its the first time trying to change what the link says to work it in my sentence. if anything i can post it later)

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i have a wireless set already i can run along with it, for on my bed and whatnot. But it just dosnt fell right for gaming since the keys bend in an almost circular way, you know those ergonomically thingys i think. plus it dosnt light up oO

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it's trying to get kids to buy it by looking like a toy.
I also think I've never heard anyone express dissatisfaction with a Logitech keyboard. If you want backlit, a logitech G15 would be the way to go.
I actually havnt had a problem with any logitech products oO My 5.1 works really great, although it is a cheaper model i cant turn it up without my neighbors yelling at me. Gamepads have worked for he most part fine...
And i have looked at the G15, and it looks so standard though, i like it too stand out, make my friends go "oooh" when they first see it.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I actually havnt had a problem with any logitech
that was my point.

i like it too stand out, make my friends go "oooh" when they first see it.
That is so not important. What's more important is you going "oooh" when you use it. Besides, if I was one of your rl friends, I would not go "oooh" at that saitek keyboard, because it's nothing but flash. I appreciate good hardware, not shiny hardware.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Completely true spyhop. and sorry i mesread your previous post, i thought you said people had probs with logitech :lol:

It looks pretty stable, and stylish, but yeah i guess it will come down to the g15 and this, i wish the g15 could do a little more though, like tell the names of music playing in the little screen and stuffs.

·
代言人
7,183 Posts
Go for the functions you need, then aim for the price.
Don't look at other things, or you will end up spending too much.

'Look' is a given in modern days products anyways.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,506 Posts
Before purchasing any novelty product, you should check out the reviews first.

We'd been tracking the Cyborg Keyboard since Saitek's announcement last year and sneak-peak at CES in January. It took awhile for it to reach our labs, and once it finally did, we felt it was worth the wait. It's flashy, and a bit excessive in the Las-Vegas-anything-goes sort of way, but it's not perfect. Behind the fancy lighting and advanced controls are blemishes that hold it back as a great gaming keyboard.

As a regular typing keyboard, the keys spawn soft and cushy tactile feedback, with enough of a click to recall days of old IBM keyboards. The cool-factor is in the lighting effects more so than its overall design; it lacks a polished, sleek facade found in keyboards like the Razer Tarantula. The touch-sensitive dashboard complements the keyboard's futuristic motif and its plethora of controls will keep users busy. The added USB 2.0 port and audio jacks aren't too bad to have around either.

The Cyborg is marred by some clunky keys and crummy software. The spacebar feels like soda was dried up beneath it, and the Cyborg keys give off a cheap, low-end feel. The included software was probably the biggest annoyance. It needs a more polished and intuitive interface, and the software's Profile Editor was consistently inconsistent. We had trouble getting the darned thing to work properly. The included instructional manual could also have been a bit more comprehensive. It's one of those manuals that covers every language known to man, but still manages to leave gaps when you have questions.

As for price, it will cost you an expected $80 for all the bells and whistles. That's a decent price for this high-end keyboard, but it would be an even better deal if everything worked according to plan.
Source

1 - 14 of 14 Posts