Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your opinions...

I saw the screenshots and I was reaaally dissapointed. Mario Sunshine looks far too kiddy, and the new cartoon look for zelda is horrible. Why couldnt they just stick to the old school zelda look?!

And the system has been delayed with only a handful of games to be released by the end of the year!

I'm glad I got a refund on my gamecube presells yesterday...

What do you think?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ofcourse... it's Nintendo! :) It's just not for me... and the huge lack of 3rd party support is pretty off turning too.

The only thing that would push me to buy a gamecube is if Squaresoft starts developing, and they are really trying hard to get a contract with Nintendo, so who knows.

But those shots were dissapointing as hell, I thought Nintendo said they were aiming for a wider audience...bull.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Everyone should know Nintendo's track record: delayed systems, horrible 3rd party support, and a knack towards making games for the kiddies. But the 1st party games are what will sell the little purple block. Hell, I'd buy the system just so I could play Mario (and that Luigi game - he's my favorite game character). I was never a huge fan of the Zelda series (no, I'm sane), but Starfox looks incredible. And let us not forget the new installment in the Metroid series. Sure, most people don't like the way Nintendo caters toward more childish games, but hey, that's what makes Nintendo great! Playing a new installment of the Mario series would send me right back to my childhood; those carefree days when my life revolved around that grey 8-bit wonder :). I suppose Nintendo has been quite stubborn - putting heavy support on 1st party games and neglecting other developers, sticking with the cartridge format, using those tiny, proprietary DVDs for the game cube, etc. But anyway you look at it, you know its gonna be way better than the N64.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Not that the N64 was such hot stuff either, besides Zelda 64 and Goldeneye... this is why I am a computer gaming man :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts