Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Omnislash!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to get the most of the emu, so I was wondering if somebody knew what is the best good looking filter, render method options and interframe blending in VBA? Also in the Kode54 version of VBA there are new filters, maybe one of those is better than the ones in the non-modified version.

I've been testing with these, but haven't seen much difference. As I just have a couple of games currently, I won't be able to "catch" the best good looking ones, so I ask for your help.

Thanks in advance.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Iq2x. It rounds saw edges in colors quite nicely.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
In Video -> Render Method, I use OpenGL filter (GL Bilinear, GL Triangle) and the Filter setting is set to Normal. I love it the best this way.

r2rX :D

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Me too!

·
Banned
177 Posts
Personally I use different filters for different games. Some 3-d style games look better rendered using direct draw as opposed to software rendering but for some 2d games it looks better.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
other render methods besides the default unfiltered method seems blurry to me. i prefer the sharp unfiltered blocky images, :D.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I cant decide... Right now OpenGL with Bilinear filter looks good but has some color blending issues. Directdraw with simple2x filter leaves weird pixel streaks on things.

Play around with the settings and see what works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts