Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious what everyone else runs the PS2 emu on?

This is not a post asking for "minimum requirements". That would be asking the devs what they think the emu should run on. What I am asking is what other people use. I'm just looking for proc speed, ram, and video card.

I use:

Athlon XP 1800+ (1.53 GHz)
512 DDR (2100) one is 2700 clocked to 2100
Radeon 8500 (64MB)

I can run the emu, but it takes about 2-3 minutes for the bios to boot up, and it goes pretty slow, but I give props to the coders. To get the bios to load is a huge accomplishment imo.

Thanks to all the coders making this project happen!! Keep up the great work! Just I could contribute something to the work, but I do not know assembly or any programming for that matter. :(

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
my sys specs are below. in the bios i get about half speed. I get somthing like 3-30fps in what does load in FFX. The 3 is when there's something happening and the 30 is during a black screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't troll...

KanedA said:
Can't see purpouse in this thread... Rifter if PCSX2 was bit (or more) more optimalized it could give you some answers... but now... pointless

Kaneda you do make a valid point, but that is for the mods to decide. I might be new to this forum, but not to posting in a forum. You look like a troll so from now on I'll ignore you. And yes I saw how many posts you do, I went and read a few; most seemed like little 1 liners.

Anyways back on topic...the reason I asked is that I was going to compare my specs to others. I don't care if the emu is in early dev. I am well aware that games cannot be played cept for maybe bust a move. My focus was the bios and specs[pc]. At this point I am just trying to get the bios to boot "well"; more or less for bragging rights with friends. This thread will probably get closed due to inactivity. I just thought it would be interesting to see what people have used to run the bios so far or possibly even the intros to a few games if possible. The information could be helpful to the devs, but that is also why they have the beta testers. Anyway that is my 0.02 on your comment.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
lol troll, :rotflmao: good one, didn''t you hear about sth like:
the quantity is not importan, but the content is? :)
Still, what's the difference if you see bios runing about 7 or 10 fps :p wait a while (year or more) than make threds like this :evil:

Btw. about that troll, no flame war here dude :lol: and I'll ignore that, for now :innocent:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts