Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an interview it has previously be announced that the Nemu team is aiming for 100% compatibility ... do you think this is possible and what else do you hope to get from 0.8 ? Post your thoughts here.

I myself doubt 100% compatibility is possible, keeping in mind all the different systems out there. But nonetheless do I think that the next release will certainly kick ass and might even be better than PJ64 currently is.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I just hope they will release it before I'm dead:D .

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well,I recently the dragoon from Dragon Ball and I asked him to revive me:) .

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
i hope all the games' graphics can be better, especially for zelda : ocarina of time :)

Ofcourse, better compatibility.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
100 % compatibility will be amazing.What I look forward to is some plugin options for everyone like d3d,opengl,glide and surely soft mode.If speed cant be improved then some 'fast mode' can be included.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
100% compatibility?
heh, 100% compatible MSX emulators dont even exist, so I think they wont make that

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
100% compatibility isn't realistic. I'd be happy if Nemu was better in some way (they've certainly had the time to have some improvement).

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
actually if they shoot for 100% compatibility, N64 would be the system to do it on, one problem with the N64 is that the devkit for it was very limited and straight forward, which actually made it harder for the people programming the game, but will make it easier on the emulators i nthe long run, of course 100% compatibility still seems unrealistic

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
One of the things i didn't like about Nemu back then was because it required "high" specs, that isn't a problem now i guess. But if they're gunning for 100% compatibility, and they actually achieve something relatively close to that.. hey, that would be really great!:)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have heard greatthings about the latest Nemu on IRC. Even people with Glide based cards can get GREAT emulation. Sound is great, pad support hasn't improved much, and the 100% compatibility..... I hear is is VERY, VERY close :D

·
piece of cake
146 Posts
@Nightmare

The next Nemu64 Version will have excellent Graphic Quality with Zelda OAT and Zelda MM.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I just want to be able to play Ogre Battle 64. (yes with the pretty lil' sprites, I know it is playable in 1964 without them) Though I'm finding Aidyn rather entertaining at the moment.

·
piece of cake
146 Posts
That´s just a question of time... But that´s not very new to say you have to wait....

It´s good that we have more then one or two N64 emus who has the possibility to reach very good compatibl. 1964, Apollo, Nemu64, PJ64, TR64 ....

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by EmuManiac
It´s good that we have more then one or two N64 emus who has the possibility to reach very good compatibl. 1964, Apollo, Nemu64, PJ64, TR64 ....
TR64 is kinda dead, isn't it? I know it's "on hold", but we haven't seen any news from it, just like TRwin. Maybe it's like Nemu64, no news for an year or so, and then a big new release.

·
piece of cake
146 Posts
Originally posted by Zephon

TR64 is kinda dead, isn't it? I know it's "on hold", but we haven't seen any news from it, just like TRwin. Maybe it's like Nemu64, no news for an year or so, and then a big new release.
I hope so;) TR64 isn´t dead i think - just on hold are slow progress...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts