Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heheh what do u guys think VGS would be if they carry on ? would it be better than EPSXE or would it be almost like the real thing ? or what ?
tell me what u think :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
ePSXe is going to be still better than VGS. ePSXe is more compatible, and grahpics are much better. VGS have better sound but probably they will have better graphics too. ePSXe is more popular cause its free:D

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Originally posted by ryousuke
ePSXe is going to be still better than VGS. ePSXe is more compatible, and grahpics are much better. VGS have better sound but probably they will have better graphics too. ePSXe is more popular cause its free:D
More compatible................
I don't think so.......................

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Enigma1982

More compatible................
I don't think so.......................
The latest release has an incredible increase in compatibility.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Even if VGS is continued it makes very little difference to me. Whether it surpasses EPSXE or not, it will be part of Sony and will remain a commercial emulator. EPSXE is free and done as a hobby and favour to everyone (at least, I think so). This 'fact' and emu is very much appreciated.

VGS is not a bad emu. It just not as good as EPSXE.

-not meant to offend. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
He means ePSXe.

VGS has much better compatibilty plus it doesn't require a high end system. ePSXe requires one for good speed. My computer is crap and i dont want to spend 300+ for a new processor and video card just to get a couple of my fave games running on epsxe. id rather get a PS2 if i had that money.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yup I meant ePSXe.

S

·
0 Posts
Actually, I don't thinks VGS's compatability surpasses ePSXe's by that much any more. Think about it, many games that run on VGS wouldn't if not for those wonderful patches by people like Aldo, Whitehair, DecDave, etc. If it wasn't for those patches, Wild Arms 2, FF 9, and many others would not run at all w/VGS. But ePSXe runs those games fine right from the start. So I would say that ePSXe has actually surpassed VGS due to this fact and the fact that ePSXe is being actively worked on, and VGS hasn't seen an update in some time, even before Sony bought it. So, for my money, ePSXe is clearly the superior emulator here. VGS was great, but is now starting to fade (sx/amiga plays taps for VGS).
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Hehe,thanks man!;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts