Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old AMD Tbird CPU so I can't run the emulation itself at all. I was wondering what's everyone running to play it?

I might either get a new chipset/motherboard or just upgrade to an AMD AthlonXP 3000+

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
well 2 ghz processor is recommended so an athlon xp or athlon64 processor would be a good choice,Have a good time once yo get your new cpu and motherboard:).

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
I'm running the emu on the specs in my sig, and some games still run a little slowly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol oh, speaking of signatures I had them turned off so all the pictures doesn't boggle down my surfing.

I just updated my specs, it's not that powerful with my weak processor, I guess a CPU upgrade will be just fine. Along with another stick of RAM. *Drools*

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Well most people will have thier specs in thier sigs, so it's a bit pointless to post.

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
Tony said:
So that's all the people playing Chankast? I think not!
i play on Chankast
but games run @80% of their actual speed cuz of my slow:angry: cpu the only factor that counts in determining the fps u get

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
generalplot said:
I'm running the emu on the specs in my sig, and some games still run a little slowly.
GENERALPLOT how much fps do get in dead or alive and soulcalibur (if u have them )
i just wanna know does HT helps mor than my bare 2.4

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
DOA runs at about 40-45 on average, and Soul Caliber runs steady (most of the time) 40 fps. I've run the task manager while the emu was running, and noticed that the emu doesn't take advantage of the second virtual processor, so I don't think HT makes a difference when it comes to this emu. If they decide to implement multi threading capabilities in future releases, then it may be worth looking into.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Alot of games run much too fast on my PC, making a frame-limiter basically a necessity.. hopefully in the next release.

And nope, HT makes no difference at all. If anything, it makes it run worse because it doesn't use it to any effect, causing less CPU usage.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
heh... AFAIK authors of Chankast wrote, that they'll release anothere version about x-mass... but they didn't :( sad...

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
cooliscool said:
Alot of games run much too fast on my PC, making a frame-limiter basically a necessity.. hopefully in the next release.

And nope, HT makes no difference at all. If anything, it makes it run worse because it doesn't use it to any effect, causing less CPU usage.
Actually, as a test, I disabled the HT through the CMOS in my BIOS to see if that was the case, and the perfomrance is exactly the same either way.

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
generalplot said:
Actually, as a test, I disabled the HT through the CMOS in my BIOS to see if that was the case, and the perfomrance is exactly the same either way.
thanx 4 replying general plot :thumb:
strange thing for me soul calibur plays @37fps average and dead or alive max 23fps believe that :hdbash:

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
SC works pretty well here. Good FPS but also depends on which level the fight is. Some levels are slower then others.

Ikaruga is full speed (too fast when underclocked...) There's no lag when beating the first boss unlike the GC :p

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Chrono Archangel said:
SC works pretty well here. Good FPS but also depends on which level the fight is. Some levels are slower then others.

Ikaruga is full speed (too fast when underclocked...) There's no lag when beating the first boss unlike the GC :p
There is lag on a real Dreamcast though. Anyways, I can play most games at full speed at 1280x1024, 8xS FSAA, 16xAF-no opts enabled. The few games that runs slow probably have more to do with the emulator itself. Specs in my sig.

Soul Calibur runs full speed and faster
RE: CV runs too fast most of the time

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
fivefeet8 said:
There is lag on a real Dreamcast though. Anyways, I can play most games at full speed at 1280x1024, 8xS FSAA, 16xAF-no opts enabled. The few games that runs slow probably have more to do with the emulator itself. Specs in my sig.

Soul Calibur runs full speed and faster
RE: CV runs too fast most of the time
but Chankast is CPU demanding right? my switch from 9200SE to 6600GT didnt show a HUGE difference. (theres a nice difference, thats it)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Soon my upgrade will be complete, a prommy Mach II GT with a 3500+ socket 939 DFI board & 1GB of G.skill Pc4800 ram.

Hopefuly this will get me a nice increase for everything as im hoping to get 2.8-3.0ghz out of the cpu on the cooler, that will be my new gaming rig.. just gotta buy the vid card now :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Chrono Archangel said:
but Chankast is CPU demanding right? my switch from 9200SE to 6600GT didnt show a HUGE difference. (theres a nice difference, thats it)
OF course, but if you enable FSAA and AF to the max, it will show a difference between those 2 cards as well. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts