Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been doing alot of searching but could not find a concrete answer. If you don't mind me asking: what exactly causes sound lag in epsxe? I am playing Megaman Legends 2 (I've read many threads including the "DEFINITIVE" one) and the sound is always behind the video. I am curious as to why this happens? I've played around with many plugins but all have the same result.

Is it just a troublesome game? Thanks to any responses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I played around with the buffer size and noticed some changes, but it is still not synced correctly in the cutscenes. I am starting to think its just the way the game is, because at one point the audio is behind the video and in another part it is ahead. I have "wait for XA buffer is free" checked. I will alter the buffer size some more and see the results.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
disable the gpu framelimiting if you intend on doing that.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
which version of epsxe are you using/which versions have you tried?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was initially using 1.7, but then tried out 1.6. The audio and video seemed like they are synced one moment and then its clear they are not together in the next. I have had something like this happen with NullDC. Altering the sound plugin settings does seem to make a difference in the timing at certain moments, but the ideal configuration is a bit beyond me. :eyemove:

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
did you try using spu core plugin with the internal FPS limiter enabled in 1.7.0?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do mean internal FPS limiter as in the option "Use FPS limit?" If that is the case, then yes I have. I have also tried a couple of configurations with it off and predictably everything sped up. I believe it has something to do with the type of audio used in the game.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
No, the internal FPS limiter is enabled by default when using the Internal SPU plugin.
And then, having "Use FPS limit" on the GPU plugin too can cause troubles.

Thus, keep "Use FPS limit" disabled, use Internal SPU plugin (1.7.0+) and
you'll have, by default, the internal FPS limiter enabled. (can be toggled with F4)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
No, the internal FPS limiter is enabled by default when using the Internal SPU plugin.
And then, having "Use FPS limit" on the GPU plugin too can cause troubles.

Thus, keep "Use FPS limit" disabled, use Internal SPU plugin (1.7.0+) and
you'll have, by default, the internal FPS limiter enabled. (can be toggled with F4)
replying with quotes....

Try setting Audio out method to 'SPUAsync' and Async mode to 'Wait'.
disable the gpu framelimiting if you intend on doing that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have been doing alot of searching but could not find a concrete answer. If you don't mind me asking: what exactly causes sound lag in epsxe? I am playing Megaman Legends 2 (I've read many threads including the "DEFINITIVE" one) and the sound is always behind the video. I am curious as to why this happens? I've played around with many plugins but all have the same result.

Is it just a troublesome game? Thanks to any responses.
I register for this post. Here are some advices.
1. Try ePSXe 1.6 because the disc changing bug in 1.7 version.
2. Use a virtual CDRom software like DAEMON to load your image file in stead of the software inbounded one.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
1.7 has no disc changing bug
the bug is in iso changing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.