Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there...I'm totaly new to this emulation stuff on PS2 so I've got a few silly questions:

1. When I buy a PS 2 game (Starcraf Ghost :) ), what do I need to play it on my PC ?

2. Are the controls fully customisable with the emulator so I can use the mouse and everything ?

3. Are there any limitations on which games can be played on my PC ?

4. How much power must my PC have to play the games well ?
(I've got a AMD 64 2600, Radion 9800 Pro, 1024 DDram)

Thanks a lot already and hope you're not mad at me for some of these questions.

·
Registered
654 Posts
First off, you're in the PSX forums (i.e. PS1), not PS2. PS1 emulation and PS2 emulation are different things.

Second, PS2 emulation hasn't reached the playability stage yet. It takes a lot of processor power for a PC to pretend to be a PS2, and current machines aren't there yet. Plus, there are still a lot of compatibility problems so even if you had a 10GHz Intel 986 processor and an equivalent video card, 98% of PS2 games still wouldn't run in PCSX2.

Dan

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
1) I think you need a DVD player to read PS2 discs

2) I doubt it...only plugins I know use the keyboard or joystick

3) pretty much everything is limited :p General rule is that older games usually can be emulated easier than newer games...not always the case though

4) heh....that rig won't even be close to running anything at half-speed right now. Comparing my machine, I get 20fps on the BIOS screen....the really high-end rigs can get 50-60 on the BIOS, but ingame is slow no matter what rig or game you have/use

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.