Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Console-RPGs

• Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2 (if you can deal with the Charlie's Angels vibe)
  • Suikoden III
  • Xenosaga Episode 1
Action-RPGs

• Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2)
  • Kingdom Hearts
Strategy-RPGs

• Disgaea
  • La Pucelle Tactics
  • Phantom Brave
Those are the ones I like anyway.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Why not go to www.gamefaqs.com , select the PS2, and the RPG section of it. It should give you a lot (if not all) the titles, and most of them have a couple of user made reviews. This might help you with making up your decision.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Xenosaga Episode 1
Grandia II
Suikoden 3
Kingdom Hearts
Dark Chronicle ( Dark Cloud 2 )
Final Fantasy X
Shadow Hearts
Wild Arms 3

thats the best RPGs if you ask me

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
don't forget Star Ocean 3!

And I've heard that Phantom Brave is better than Disgaea in almost every way, and Disgaea was great even.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

that's the only one I think everyone has forgotten so far....

·
/dev/user
407 Posts
Final Fantasy X
Onimusha 3
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Dark Cloud (1 and 2)
Kingdom Hearts
Xenosaga Ep 1

Those are my favorite anyways. Currently about 3/4 the way through Arc the Lad and I love it.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Oh yes, I should really recommend you Grandia 2, I've got the DC version, and it is fantastic!
It touched me even more than FF7!!

Though it is a bit short (about 40-50 hours), and the game flies by because of it's unique battle system (it's tenthousand times better than any FF's), the game is one great experience!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
macsrpoo77 said:
Fable + Xbox > PS2 + PSX + All other games, period.
Given Rivas asked for PS2 games, and not Xbox games or a supposition about the supperiority of the Xbox over the PS2, your post is totally useless and off topic, think before posting next time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
macsrpoo77 said:
Fable + Xbox > PS2 + PSX + All other games, period.
WTF? Fable is no that great thing, but still is good game..
What about tactical one; Front Mission 4(one of those endless games) :wub:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Shin_Mike_God said:
What about tactical one; Front Mission 4(one of those endless games) :wub:
Well, the graphics in Front mission 4 is fascinating however Front Mission 4 only have about 30 stages, I prefer Front Mission 3...

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Breath Of Fire 5 is also worth getting.

·
I've Changed
298 Posts
Time to join in once again. Champions of Norath, Baulders Gate Dark Alliance, Baulders Gate Dark Alliance II, and Demon Stone. These were all overlooked and are excellent. Especially Champions of Norath. Another one that I feel must be mentioned is Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. Many people do not care for this one, but I do and I find it quite good. All are RPGs and all are on PS2.
sx/amiga

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Although it didnt arrive to America, you might want to try Tales of Destiny 2... hey its Tri-Ace! :D

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Tales of Destiny 2 is for the PSone :p But I guess you could play it on the PS2 so it counts ... :heh:

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Razor Blade said:
Tales of Destiny 2 is for the PSone :p But I guess you could play it on the PS2 so it counts ... :heh:
Nope. :)

The PSX "Tales of Destiny" is actually "Tales of Eternia" in Japan.

There's a direct sequel to ToD called "Tales of Destiny 2" for the PS2, but it was only released in Japan.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Given Rivas asked for PS2 games, and not Xbox games or a supposition about the supperiority of the Xbox over the PS2, your post is totally useless and off topic, think before posting next time.
Just making a statement. ;)

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
My pants are nice and warm because they just came out of the dryer. It's a nice feeling. This has nothing to do with the topic but i'm saying it because i like to post random irrelavent statements like macsrpoo77. I don't know, maybe we should both just stay on topic next time we decide to post, instead of just blabbering about things that don't matter.

Oh, and if you don't mind Action RPGs that are only like 20% rpg and 80% action, try Castlevania: Lament of Innosense, it's a good game.

·
Registered
301 Posts
These are RPG what I like most :
- Grandia Extreme (PS2)
- Star Ocean 3 Till the end of time (PS2)
- Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)
- Final Fantasy 3 (Snes)
- Crono Trigger (Snes)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts