·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys.. I am trying to fix my friends computer.. Here is the specs:

Tbird 1400-133 fsb
Abit kg7 raid mobo
Geforce2mx 400

The default drivers are installed for all parts of his computer.. He doesn't have broadband so he hasn't updated any driver.. I have installed my broadband on his computer to update all his drivers.. So, What are the best drivers for his geforce2mx 400.. Rigth now with the current drivers I get a puny 3120 on 3dmark 2000 with the default benchmark!! My system gets 5400 on it.. Hehe..

There were also hardware conflicts and irq conflicts all over the place.. I will be fixing those later after I update his drivers..

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,073 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
Is it me? Or does it seem like 3dfx drivers are easier to install?

hmm??? what do u mean??? just press the setup button and press next ,next, next... and then restart ur computer, thats all u need to install nvidia driver, is it so hard????

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I downloaded the wrong ones? There wasn't a setup executable with the detonator drivers I downloaded.. Just a bunch of infs and weird setup files.. Had to manually install them by going into the destop properties and choosing vga mode.. Then restart computer.. Install drivers by going into desktop properties and manually installing the video card drivers.. Weird.. Where did you guys get your drivers? Links would be helpful..

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Only the official Detonator 4 drivers from Nvidia has the self-installing EXE. The leaked beta drivers have to be installed manually.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Demigod79
Only the official Detonator 4 drivers from Nvidia has the self-installing EXE. The leaked beta drivers have to be installed manually.
aahh.. NO wonder.. Even the beta drivers of 3dfx cards have selfinstallers though which is why I thought that..

·
Registered
632 Posts
My inno3d geforce2mx 400 64mb scores w/ 3dmark200

detonator 4 --- 5151
4.12.01.0776 ----- 5314

i dont know what version this one is maybe ver. 12.01 but it score a little higher than detonator 4

Pentium 3 1Ghz w/Evercool
Gigabyte GA-60MM7E w/latest BIOS
Spectek 512mb pc133
Inno3d Geforce2mx 400 64mb w/MVI Cooler
Sblive 5.1
Seagate ST340810A 40Gig
52x CDrom
Motorola SM56 PCI Modem (software modem)
Viewsonic E70f 17"
Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Microsoft PS2 Mouse
Noname Floppy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts