Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I can see, the MIDAS drivers offer better sound quality and options which the direct sound ones don't. Are there any reasons why I should switch to the direct sound ones instead?
Thanks.

·
Registered
775 Posts
You know I haven't seen any difference too. And yeah the Midas sounds better then the D sound, but Pete is working on the D sound. But did you try out the ePSXe 1.4.0 internal sound. It's the best so far. Well it works great for me, but check it out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try Iori's v1.46. It's better than the internal core because its feature set is more complete (The internal core STILL can't do reverb).

As to the question, MIDAS was a sound driver system developed before DirectSound came to prominence. It relied on standard sound calls, which meant nearly any sound card could use it. With the increase in DirectSound-enabled cards that provide more direct access to a card's internal features, potentially significant speed and performance boosts are possible over traditional sound engines by coding for DirectSound.

The hitch is that it's more difficult to code. That's why there are some hiccups right now. These will eventually be addressed, and DirectSound will likely become the system of choice for most users (such as myself, an SB Live! user).

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
If you disable "show real time config window" you can play in fullscreen(at least that's the only way in my computer)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Weird. I use Iori's v1.46 myself with Pete's OpenGL 1.51 at 640x480x16FS, and I haven't had a lick of trouble. Must be my config. I wonder if having an Athlon 900 has something to do with it, too.

S

·
0 Posts
WhosAsking, I also use Iori's vers. 1.46, full screen w/no problems.
I do turn the real time config window option off though. I'm running an Athon T-Bird 1.2 ghz and SB Live.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
253 Posts
Me use Pete's Dsound for compatiblity. But MIDAS offer me quality sound with interpolating option but the compatibilty was limit. But Iori spu just like MIDAS spu but always implemented.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well from reading the whole thread I notice that now a days the best spu is Iori's SPU.I am myself using the same plugin.Why........?
There are many reasons

1 - 12 of 12 Posts