Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im not really into rpgs or mmorpgs. point and click puzzle adventures can be a bit tedious for me.

im thinking are there any "beyod good and evil" or zelda-esque or even god of war/prince of persia type action adventures. (i know POP series is on pc).

whats a GOOD star wars jedi lightsaber game for xp

also good first person shooters with adventure like qualities (i love halo 1 and 2). i like the single player campains spanning over vast interesting landscapes. not stealth tactical military sims.

ratchet series is another good example. or even mario 3d games (64/sunshine/galaxy)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Exactly what is wrong with Doom Clones? ;) :evil:

You don't like Alien Trilogy? :angry: :cry:

Nor hexen? oO

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i've played doom and doom 2. hexen and alien trilogy just feel like more of the same. i do however like alien vs predator 2. play that as the alien you'll have a few laughs for sure

anyway back on subject. first person shooters aren't the primary topic here. though they are included

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
are there any duke nukem shooters that dont feel like a cheap doom clone

that goes for alien trilogy. dont mention that or hexen or anything TOO old like that. unless it's really good game.
oh i was away to say the marathon series, but oh well.

hmmmm, duke nukem like, serious sam comes to mind here.

i dont really know many action games though.

mabie the ys series?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Have you considered Jade Empire? It's an action RPG, quite a lot of fighting still but with much more story. Recommended to look up.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Then what would you call it? To me it's the definition of action RPG, let me explain why:

1. Focus on story and character interaction, branching storyline
2. Leveling system and skills you can use depending on your decisions
3. Realtime battlesystem where input translates directly to your action, you don't select the action in a menu and wait for your character to execute.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
are there any duke nukem shooters that dont feel like a cheap doom clone

that goes for alien trilogy. dont mention that or hexen or anything TOO old like that. unless it's really good game.
doom clone?
please, go kill yourself.

Duke 3D is far more advanced then the doom 2 engine.

i have jedi knight 3: jedi academy. graphics dont work properly. mabe i'll try 2 instead and see if i have better luck.
the Jedi Knight games are built on the Quake 3 engine, which means they require a functional OpenGL installation....

last i checked your video card is more then enough for that engine......

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Then what would you call it? To me it's the definition of action RPG, let me explain why:

1. Focus on story and character interaction, branching storyline
That's just RPG

2. Leveling system and skills you can use depending on your decisions
Just RPG

3. Realtime battlesystem where input translates directly to your action, you don't select the action in a menu and wait for your character to execute.
Jade Empire was more of a timed combat mode. There was a combat mode you had to enter, which IMO disqualifies it as an action RPG. You can't run and swing like you can in, say, zelda.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
ok i just reformatted my computer in the past week (virus). what opengl version should i look for. the latest one? btw the game works. the graphics just are extremely buggy. things half missing and overlapping everywhere. some areas you can just see the background and run around on air (things like that).

having similar problems with serious sam: FE (with version 1.5 directx8 update)

streaking images (like doom when you walk through a wall)

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
try Resident Evil 5 ;)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
ill say resident evil 4 than RE5 because RE4 is more an adventure while RE5 is more action and moving from point A to B, with no revisting previous areas...

If you don't get it, I'm saying RE4 is the better game as it isn't limited to action after action with easiest puzzles known to man.... Sure RE5 has better graphics but the massive loss in gameplay and atmosphere presented in RE4 makes it epic fail....

Please note that I'm not saying RE5 is a terrible game, but its terrible compared to the standards presented in RE4.

If you want a good fps adventure, try Judge Dreed on pc, it's a good game or Mini Ninjas (which was recently released) for a good 3d platformer with leveling up, good levels to explore and a plot that is reminicent to Kung Fu Panda

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.