Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, sorry if this is a repeat, but there are about a million things about bios on this site, so search is pointless. Ok, I am NOT asking for links to get bios for my emulator or anything like that. If someone could just tell me what they are, and if there is a legal way to get them on my comp from my ps2. If there isnt a way, then just say so, mabye i will give up on this stuff altogether. Thanks in advance. :bow:

· Registered
101 Posts
Basic Input Output System. As the name implies, this is the most basic interface which is burned into many electronic devices.
On the PS2 the BIOS is the thing that runs when you turn on the system without any disc inside, and with it you can set the clock time, language, access your memory card, and a few other things. When you put the game in, it's the BIOS which tells the system how to run the game.
PC's also have BIOS's, usually accessable by pressing delete when you first power on. Computer BIOS options vary, but they usually tell you what kind of hardware devices are installed in your computer and what brand of motherboard you have. The computer BIOS also is in charge of launching whatever Operating System is installed on your hard drive or on removable disks.
Pretty much any electronic device with a digital readout has a BIOS burned onto their hardware, even TV's and MP3 players and mobile phones these days.
In conclusion, BIOS is the basic software burned onto electronic devices which allows them to run at a basic level.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ShadowDancer said:
So I take it you wanna be banned already :lol:
Who, me?
I dont really wanna be banned, all i want to do is use this program on my computer when i dont have my ps2 available. Like when im in lecture class, im gunna run the games straight from the discs and i got a ps2(one of the good old launch ones) I just want to be able to play them when my ps2 isnt available. And if that is wrong, then I am sorry, and ill stop now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.