Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to play Final Fantasy 7 on my laptop using epsxe version 1.6.0 for a few days now without much luck. I feel that my computer is somewhat outdated, and while some of the time the game plays fine ( I expect small problems and dont mind them) Ive had plenty of larger problems as well. Namely, 1) game has frozen a few times 2) if I pause the game and then try to go back into it the graphics will be screwed up ( either everything is weird shapes and colors to the point that you cant tell what is what on the screen, or its completely black) 3) there are consistently small squares on the screen that are messed up with weird colors and not looking as they should 4) sometimes when I enter an area there will be crazy flashes of varying colors of light on different portions of the screen, usually the outlines or borders of objects and things. This is the first time Ive ever tried emulating playstation on my computer, previously I have flawlessley used visualboy advance and project 64 to play rather graphically demanding games. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could suggest what plugins would work best for me, or if I should try a different emulator, or even if I should just give up and go buy something.

computer specs : Intel Pentium III Processor 1.00 GHz, 256 MB of Ram ; ATI Mobility 128 AGP 2X ; Windows XP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.