Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question to both administrators and members of this site.As I posted earlier today I accidently used "from beginning" option to see the posts and I saw some very old posts and these are not covered by search feature I guess.

Now the question is what is the point of these posts?I mean it looks no one even notices them.for example one of the very first questions raised in these posts is about "parasite eve 2"not working.Now this is one of those questions which even I have replied to in many new threads(say about 5-6).When people (including me)dont take a look at older posts and make a new thread for some pretty old question that looks ridiculous.

It looks even administrators dont see them(may be i am wrong).In one of the older threads someone is asking for a "CRACKED"version of one of the emulators and that thread is still open.

I know that due to hard work of our administrators and support of the members this site has become one of the greatest places to be on the net and with Bobbi's new plans about more web space presently there is no danger of losing our data again but if there is a policy of looking into older posts and deleting those which are totally improper/unnecessary or which have similar questions to some other posts then it should only help in making the site better.

I hope you people will express your opinion in this thread.

B

·
0 Posts
After reading through your post twice, I'm still not sure what you exactly mean, I'll try to answer based on what I really understood :

The old threads aren't covered by the search, because they aren't indexed ... we're indexing a max. number of threads to keep the speed at an acceptable level ... the value was set based on the server ressources we had back at the time we installed this board.

As you already noticed, we're planning to move on to a new server, which is just split between two big sites, and we therefor have lots more of ressources available, which will allow us to increase that index nearly by the factor of 8 seen from the point of available ressources (though 3 seems to be a more realistic factor based on the fact that we plan more *very* cool features).

The fact that some old threads which are supposed to be closed are still available is sad, but we can't go through all whatknowIhowmanythousand threads and fix each of them - that would simply take too long.

Hope this answered at least parts of your answers, enjoy your stay,

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Any word yet about the "Premium Menbership" thingy? :p

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Bobbi
The fact that some old threads which are supposed to be closed are still available is sad, but we can't go through all whatknowIhowmanythousand threads and fix each of them - that would simply take too long.

Hope this answered at least parts of your answers, enjoy your stay,
Ok it did answer most of my questions.I understand that it will not be possible to go through all those posts and find out whats proper and whats not.Its nice to know that index will be increased ,that will really help and may be able to get members in touch with some of the useful threads.
I am surely looking forward to those*very* cool features.

And yes, thanks for replying. Its always nice to hear directly from the Boss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts