Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone could make this pic bigger and sharper, and if not could someone tell me of a way that I can do it myself?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Once you make the picture smaller you cant return it to the original state, unless you are using photoshop and just press "undo"

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the general pictures section?

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Done. Perhaps some interpolation filters ( if any) might help .

Yours,
-Elly

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Well it might help to a certain extend, but it will blur things up so it will only work if it won't be enlarged too much, though it's worth a try.

Perhaps Razor Blade knows something, he's one of the best ppl here at photoshopping.

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
well resizing it to become large would still result in pixelationif you increase the image resolution... even via photoshop... if you want to make it bigger, what would be your preferred size?

·
B( o Y o )BS!
895 Posts
You can also use a 2x filter like Scale2x or 2xSAI, and then, if it's less than 2x, scale down to your preferred size.

There is also a filter in M$ Photo Editor, not sure how it's calledi n english, something like "refine", that might help...

Some tests...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You All

I would iust like to say thank you to all of you who left me some advice and a special thanks to those of you who took the time to actually enlarge the picture for me, all of your help has been most appreciated, and once again I thank you.
- Wheel o Destiny

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
yeah, as pretty much everyone already said, scaling images (especially when enlarging them) makes them lose lots of quality, even to more of an extent when the image has a low resolution in the first place

this is the real advantage to working with vectors, no matter how you resize the image it will still be generally the same

1 - 13 of 13 Posts