Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Random personnality
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just want to know if you got the sound worked on certain game yet. And if its yes what is the fps??

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've only experienced sound in the bios and at the start of some games where there's a little box down the bottom where it says something about the memory card.

EDIT: actually, I've experienced sound ingame with a few games. It's a bit shakey though... and it stops if you exit then resume.

·
A Square Fan!
592 Posts
Sound works ok for a lot of games in 0.8, almost all the games that don't crashs with the plugin they work.
In 0.9 the "SPU2 Hack" option makes a lot of games that crahs in 0.8 to work with sound. Disgaea, Sly Racoon, Silent Hill 4,.....
So, sound works. But slowwwww.

If you want to hear sound in full speed, use "No render" option of GSdx9.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ahh, I finally figured it out! You can get in-game sound if you start the game using Run->Execute, rather than File->RunCD. That's why I'd never been able to get the sound plugins to work before. Someone really needs to stick that in the configuration guide somewhere(or slap me in the face if I somehow missed it).

As to the original question, in the current version sound is partially working. Some sounds play, others don't, and the speed/volume/pitch seems to vary. Using the sound plugin rather than null seems to cause the games to play at roughly 80% of their already slow speeds(in my own experiences anyway).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.