Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 3 23.1%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the space marines from Warhammer 40,000 went and battle it out on remote planet against the Starcraft Terran forces who would win?

In terms of land combat I think the space marines from Warhammer 40,000 would destroy the Starcraft space marines. The Dreadnoughts would rip apart the Goliath Combat Walkers. The seige tanks would be blasted away by the Predators and Whirlwinds.

In terms of air power the Starcraft Terrans would win, because the Warhammer 40,000 space marines doesn't have an air force.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Da vs madness has arrived to Ngemu again!!! The r0x0rz :p

Ahemm.... well... I havent player WH... however have you taken into considerance other ground units like ghosts and firebats, vultures and the such? Starcraft was never about going with a single unit anyway, so, unless there is a heavy unbalance issue, the way you present it the Terrans have more choices :)

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Proto said:
Da vs madness has arrived to Ngemu again!!! The r0x0rz :p

Ahemm.... well... I havent player WH... however have you taken into considerance other ground units like ghosts and firebats, vultures and the such? Starcraft was never about going with a single unit anyway, so, unless there is a heavy unbalance issue, the way you present it the Terrans have more choices :)
Warhammer 40k has the following equivalent:

Vultures=Land Speeder
Firebats=Space Marine (The Space Marines can be armed with flame throwers)
Ghosts=Scouts (The Scouts has unlimited invisibility and can be armed with flame throwers and sniper guns)

Warhammer 40k has Assault Squads which flies around in a jet pack, Terminator Squads with heavy armor and Land Raider which is a transport armed with powerful guns.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
A single unit of Terminators would munchin an entire Terran Army. The Terminators are virtualy unstoppable.

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kane-Sama said:
A single unit of Terminators would munchin an entire Terran Army. The Terminators are virtualy unstoppable.
I have used the Terminators and I haven't been impressed with their "godlike powers". They don't hold up well in a heat of the battle.

Unless I'm using them wrong.

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
In terms of comparitive game strength, Space Marines. In terms of just visual impact, Space Marines. The Space Marines just have bigger and badder forces (except for the battlecruiser). Naturally, you don't know how well they'd stand against an air attack, but they got roughly all the features terran has and then some. Force Commander's Orbital Bombardment is equivalent (stronger, actually) in raw power to the terran nuke. The seige tank is all fine, but it can only do one thing at once. None of SM's vehicles need to switch modes. Plus it has the Land Raider, an uber powerfull vehicle that can also happen to transport troops. The orks have proved that just sticking your troops inside of buildings doesn't hold the space marines long, so bunkers aren't going to help much. Plus the dreadnought will destroy anything in close combat against the terrans.

A less one sided debate would be Eldar vs Protoss.

edit:
Strider said:
*cough* spider mines ;) or just lockem all down and nuke :p
the all the races in WH40k have land mines, you know ;).

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
RZetlin said:
In terms of air power the Starcraft Terrans would win, because the Warhammer 40,000 space marines doesn't have an air force.
*Ahem* Obviously you are forgetting that Space Marines chapters owns more forces than the ones you can use in WH40K. From Epic 40K you can see basic space ships, and from Battlefleet Gothic, the whole army.

BTW, have you ever seen a 60M Titan in action? ;) .

There's a vast variety of tanks, apart from the predator and the Land Raider.

I'd crush Terran Marines with my Blood Angels anytime, for sure. There's no competition at all. Terran marines are just criminals, space marines are genetically engineered ubber-humans with enhanced strength, resistance and inteligence, 2 hearts, etc etc etc. Space Marines are on a different league.

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
I-Chan said:
*Ahem* Obviously you are forgetting that Space Marines chapters owns more forces than the ones you can use in WH40K. From Epic 40K you can see basic space ships, and from Battlefleet Gothic, the whole army.

BTW, have you ever seen a 60M Titan in action? ;) .

There's a vast variety of tanks, apart from the predator and the Land Raider.

I'd crush Terran Marines with my Blood Angels anytime, for sure. There's no competition at all. Terran marines are just criminals, space marines are genetically engineered ubber-humans with enhanced strength, resistance and inteligence, 2 hearts, etc etc etc. Space Marines are on a different league.
those are spaceships, and cannot be used in wh40k ground battles, which are what we're discussing ;). wh40k has no real air units, only a seperate space battle game which is wht you linked to.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Yes WH40k has air units, like the Thunderhawk Gunship, you know: the big ship that drops your buildings off. The problem is that they are rare in battles owing to thier price.
Anyway, the way I look at it is that the Terrans are cowboy fighters, like you see in many films about the US army: going in gung ho with little discipline. The Space Marines are an army serious about winning wars, not just taking part in them.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Starcraft would win because they have superior air and defense capabilities. The warhammer people would be hard to defeat though because of there superior ground forces. Overall though starcraft terran would win. Now if it were starcraft zerg than the warhammer guys would win.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts