Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped excercising about 6-7 months ago and became a little laxer in how much I eat. And guess what? it came back to greet me. I put on a good 24 Lbs. Its time to Diet. Starting this instance I begin my

A Day

1,500 Calorie Diet
50 Gram Fat Diet.

I went on a stricter diet in the past but. I need results and I need them now. I am completely unhappy about it. So now I'm gonna take iniiative to do something. According to diet experts this should be plenty to start losing weight.

Add 75 setups a day. ((30 in morning. 45 at night)) I should be set to go.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
good luck to you man :thumb: diet is evil thing :D I prefere eat as much as now, but excercise more :p

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KanedA said:
good luck to you man :thumb: diet is evil thing :D I prefere eat as much as now, but excercise more :p

Wish I could work that way. But not eating takes less time than regulating an excercise schedule. All about efficiency ;)

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
I barely eat and I do not excercise... at all. No time for that, that's why I ain't fat nor getting any fatter either... ;)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
I barely eat and I do not excercise... at all. No time for that, that's why I ain't fat nor getting any fatter either... ;)
and can you move somethin else than your fingers on the keyboard and your mouth muscles when you use sipper to eat, oh I forgot about eyelids :evil: ;)

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
KanedA said:
and can you move somethin else than your fingers on the keyboard and your mouth muscles when you use sipper to eat, oh I forgot about eyelids :evil: ;)
I am naturally frail, I used to do some workout in high school and it hardly paid off... weird enough that never stopped me from street fights... not that I engage on them anymore but being frail is something that I never cared about.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
argh...Chris, do us a favor..

1500 calories is not gonna cut it buddy. Your only going to make yourself sick with that kind of intake, and your weight loss results will be false.

At 1500 calories, your body will begin seeking other forms of fuel. Your body will begin to think it is going into a starvation mode, and will start to hoard more fat. Your body will then begin breaking down proteins from your muscles in order to convert it to an energy replacement. (The body burns fat only as a last resort)
So you will lose muscle tone, and you will think you are losing weight (Muscle weighs more then fat). The chemical breakdown process off converting muscle proteins to energy also produces a byproduct of Nitrogen. This will be murder on your liver, and will give you bad breath...

We can rant more and more...but the bottom line is don't do it. If you have the time to monitor your caloric intake, then you have the time to read labels and know what to do to eat better. If you need help...Let us know..Your supposed diet experts don't know squat. Everybody is different and require different caloric needs (different metabolic rates)..so that 1500 calorie number is bull crap.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Actually DW is right. Diet can be a dangerous thing, specially if done without supervision.

·
Registered
416 Posts
yah when i was 13 years old and lose 15 kg in few month i passed out in school and had more than a year problems with my circulation .___.

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
1500 calories, lol. This time last year my average daily intake was less than 1000 calories (and I'm 6'7".)

By April I had lost five inches off my waist and around three stone (42lbs). Great stuff. Crash diet of the gods.

My advice: buy a mp3/minidisk player and start walking instead of driving or taking the bus, or at least walk 6 miles per day. Losing 1lb per month is a healthy diet.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I hear sticking your finger down your throat is good for losing weight.
Hehe

Really, the best way to lose weight is to exercise, and lay off junk food(including fast food).

I can't wait until Spring, cuz I got a basketball hoop for Christmas, and while I am possibly the worst b-ball player on the face of the earth, I enjoy shooting around a bit, and it's a decent workout.
Walking is also good, but my problem is that as I walk, I slow down, especially while listening to music. A tread mill would be nice, but those cost money :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
good luck with the diet

I generally wait till summertime to lose weight , I sleep under four or five thick blankets , and wake up 3 or 4 times a night to rehydrate with gaterade or something similar .

·
Registered
613 Posts
DW probably stated it best.

Anyhow, since I'm actually studying this crap, I might as well offer some of my input from a medical standpoint. Like DW stated, going on a low calorie diet or low carb diet will reduce your weight, however, not in the good way. Contrary to popular belief, your glucose and fat storage are deplenished within a few hours. Hence, you're not losing adipose tissue or fat when you're starving or don't have enough calories in your diet. Your body then goes into gluconeogenesis and starts breaking down amino acids and protein as an alternative means to obtain glucose. I'm fairly certain you don't want to lose muscle mass.

Bottom line: diets do not work. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you have to change your lifestyle. Eat sensibly. Use the national food guide to get a bearing on a sensible diet. On a daily basis: 5-12 servings of grain products (probably on the lower end, if you wish to lose weigh), 5-10 servings of fruits and vegetables, 2-3 servings of meat products, 2-4 servings of milk and dairy products. Consult a doctor or your nutrionist if you need detailed advice. And exercise on a consistent basis... you don't have time? Make time. There's no quick and easy fix-it method of losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
netghost2.0 said:
DW probably stated it best.

Anyhow, since I'm actually studying this crap, I might as well offer some of my input from a medical standpoint. Like DW stated, going on a low calorie diet or low carb diet will reduce your weight, however, not in the good way. Contrary to popular belief, your glucose and fat storage are deplenished within a few hours. Hence, you're not losing adipose tissue or fat when you're starving or don't have enough calories in your diet. Your body then goes into gluconeogenesis and starts breaking down amino acids and protein as an alternative means to obtain glucose. I'm fairly certain you don't want to lose muscle mass.

Bottom line: diets do not work. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you have to change your lifestyle. Eat sensibly. Use the national food guide to get a bearing on a sensible diet. On a daily basis: 5-12 servings of grain products (probably on the lower end, if you wish to lose weigh), 5-10 servings of fruits and vegetables, 2-3 servings of meat products, 2-4 servings of milk and dairy products. Consult a doctor or your nutrionist if you need detailed advice. And exercise on a consistent basis... you don't have time? Make time. There's no quick and easy fix-it method of losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Ah! Fellow Nutritionist or simply medical?

Judging by the responses here...Some of you young folk take serious health risks simply for quick weight loss. Truth is even if some of these fads did work for some of you, it does not guarantee that the weight will stay off. As netghost has stated, you have to eat sensibly.
If your like us, and need to satisfy a bad craving such as pizza or chocolate (our weaknesses), try to balance out the extra caloric intake with some exercise. Hate workouts? Go for a walk, pass up the elevator and take the stairs, play sports, go dancing, have sex (well..it helps :thumb: ), get one of those damn Dance Dance Rev games.
Sometimes the simple things help...for instance eliminate mayonnaise and use mustard. Use ground turkey for hamburgers or pasta meat sauce..balance out carbs and fiber...use 2% or skim milk...go to Subway instead of MacDonalds. If you find yourself in MacDonalds, try the grilled Chicken sandwich on Wheat or the Fillet o Fish. Get two regular hamburgers with a side salad (No Fries!). DRINK WATER! :spit: Sometimes you may confuse hunger for thirst, and water is an excellent filler (and has no excessive sugars). Try eating 5 to 6 small meals a day instead of just breakfast / Lunch / dinner. Your body is like a furnace..you have to keep it stoked with fuel..This keeps your metabolism running high. It also prevents you from getting over hungry waiting for lunch or dinner (which may result in you over eating). Eat till content, and not till full. Give yourself one reward day where you can eat something bad (helps to reduce binges, and you feel like you earned something). If you normally go to sleep at 10PM then quit eating by 7PM (adjust times accordingly). You burn little to no calories during sleep...so if you had some milk and cookies..guess what...your body will just store that as fat.

Bah...enough preaching..just take care of yourself...

Are you picking up what we are putting down?

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Well, at least ChrisRay is not going to Atkins' diet. Now that would be a disaster....

·
Registered
774 Posts
Popuri said:
yah when i was 13 years old and lose 15 kg in few month i passed out in school and had more than a year problems with my circulation .___.
Same here. The year before last I went on a crash diet and lost roughly 75 lbs in 6 months. By the end I couldn't get up without feeling lightheaded and my circulation still isn't the same. Basically, what I did was eat only one supper sized meal in the morning and drink only water. If you eat that little over an extended period, eventually your body quits craving food almost completely, so it wasn't really that tough after the first month or so. Unfourtunately, I had to quit 15 lbs short of my goal due to the severity of my lightheadedness. I actually ended up going to the hospital for it. They didn't find any real problems with me, but when I told them about the diet I'd been on they didn't even have to question what was wrong.

Well, despite the negative side effects I have managed to keep the weight off plus or minus 5 lbs for a fairly long period of time, so I guess things worked out in the end. I wouldn't reccomend a diet as severe as mine though, unless you enjoy not being able to get up without risking fainting.

·
An old lady.
408 Posts
now might be a good time to stress my enthusiastic support for the vegetarian lifestyle.

A few simple rules I've learned:
The more vegetables, the better. (And no, potatoes aren't vegetables.)
Fruit=good. Fruit juice=mostly bad.
If you choose to eat eggs, get free-range, omega-3 eggs. (They cost more, but sooo worth it.)
Whole grains rock. Stay away from refined flour and white bread.
Brown Rice is the new bread. It rocks.

Another thing I've noticed: After limiting your intake of candy and sugar, you become MUCH less hungry for it.

Cheese is my only nemesis now...

kisses,
Aerith

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
DW, Ya neednt worry about that. I am one of those people who's maintained weight his entire life. My mother in paticular is a health Doctor and my diet was setup based upon my current activity and and desired (within reason weight loss),

1,500 diet is perfect for my current weight and will ensure a weight loss of a good amount. I dont think you need to worry. I have eaten 2 bagels and a party pizza today. (Ha) and have only taken in about 900 calories. I still have plenty of room for an late snack.

Since and I'm not longer growing. I'm hardly a teenager anymore. (23) My metabolism just isnt what it used to be. Therefore its pefectly safe to take on this diet. I have always drinked plenty of fluids. Though I avoid soda pop. I havent drinken a can of soda pop in 7 years now. Thats a bloody good record IMO. As far as what I do drink. It's either water or powdered based drink substance with aspartame. Depending if I want to satisfy my thirst.

now might be a good time to stress my enthusiastic support for the vegetarian lifestyle.

A few simple rules I've learned:
The more vegetables, the better. (And no, potatoes aren't vegetables.)
Fruit=good. Fruit juice=mostly bad.
If you choose to eat eggs, get free-range, omega-3 eggs. (They cost more, but sooo worth it.)
Whole grains rock. Stay away from refined flour and white bread.
Brown Rice is the new bread. It rocks.

Another thing I've noticed: After limiting your intake of candy and sugar, you become MUCH less hungry for it.

Cheese is my only nemesis now...

kisses,
Aerith
For 3 years I was a lacto vegetarian actually. It did work out. But I was able to maintain weight even on a normal diet. The big problem with taking up this kind of lifestyle is extremely limits your ability to eat. Call me the type to be inoffensive. But if someone prepares me a meal. I want to be a polite. Most people dont understand such a dietary lifestyle and they get offended when you dont eat there food. Plus it requires a specific shopping that is contradictory to what the family might be eating.

In Short. Its a hassle.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts