Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
I've heard the PAL version of Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 has issues with flickering and an overall dark appearance to everything, so I don't know if that's what you mean by fog, but I'm using GSdx 0.1.15 (it identifies itself as GSdx 1479). It's the one that came with the July 8th public beta (I think the latest "public" beta was July 9th). Besides the lack of Black outlines on characters (which I really want to know if it can be fixed) and some few polygons missing on characters or flashing/popping polygons/textures during the beginning of a fight when scenes of the level are being shown, it otherwise displays correctly (I'd say ~98%+ correctly). It looks the same to me in DirectX 9 and DirectX 10, so that can't be it. I've only tried the SSE4.1 plug-in though.

Could you post a screenshot of the Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 fog and the way your plug-in is configured?

Also, the problems with Tidus' hair have to do with the VU recompilers in PCSX2, if I remember right. You can technically get around it by disabling the two main VU recompilers, but then expect a serious speed hit (I'm talking you'll get low single digit frame rates here).

6,584 Posts
Something odd is going on, because the top half, the "fog", is how the whole screen should look, not the other way around, so I'm willing to bet it's the same for God of War. In other words, you're not having incorrect "fog" show up, but rather the bottom half of the screen isn't rendering as it should, like the middle and top.

I would say try downloading the latest GSdx (unless you already have). If I have 1479 (not sure if that's it's revision number, but it says it's 1479 in the plug-in name, since I don't know how to figure out which revision it is), then you must be a good many revisions behind.

6,584 Posts
You know what though? I'm not so sure it is supposed to look like the top as I first thought. I initially thought it was supposed to look like the top, since the bottom part of your screenshot appeared too blurry and washed together from what I remembered of playing it, but as I just got done playing it now, I remembered to take a closer look, and my ground in that level actually looks closer to the bottom in yours, so I think you may be right in that it's supposed to look like the bottom and there's some "fog" messing up the rest.

Here's what mine looks like (800x600 with an internal resolution of 1600x1200 in DirectX 9 mode).

Clearly, it looks closer to how yours looks on the bottom, so I can wager it is the top that's messed up. Maybe yours only looked washed out on the bottom and fooled me since it's in native mode. Going on memory, at the time, the top looked more "accurate" to how it should be. After playing it again, I found out the opposite. My memory for such things isn't always the best.

Either way, at this point, all I can do is ask if you have an ATi card as well, and ask if it's using the latest drivers for it. There seems to be no large number of other ATi users having this problem though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.