Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked, but cannot find a similar problem.

I have both epsxe 1.6 and 1.52 and both give the same problem. I have just finished Disc 1 and then saved on the memcard. The game asks for Disc 2 and I oblige it and insert disc 2. Then nothing happens. Black screen of doom. But now comes the strange part. As soon as I put disc 1 back in, the game continues with Garnet and Steiner in the train, but as soon as the train arrives at the stop, the screen goes black again, but in the blackness, I can pause the game.

I have the original cd's and have made iso's from the cd's 3 times already. I have tried PXEven as well, same result.

My conclusion is that it might be the cd's that is a bit scratched, so does anyone have a save state, or memcard save for me somewhere at the start of disc 2?

Thank you all ever so much!

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
When you insert the second cd, do you use the 'change disc' feature on the emu (located on the 'file' menu)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I do use the change disc feature in the File menu. The image then fades away to be replaced by the black screen of doom.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
How do you get over the copy protection? Are you using ppf patches, subchannel reads, sbi patches...? If...
  • PPF: have you the ppf patches for every disc?
  • Subchannels: no idea then :(
  • SBI: did you create the sbi files for every disc?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
when you get to the end of disc 1 it asks you to save. so, save your game. then close down ePSXe, pop in disc2, and load that up. load your save game from the beginning of disc 2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have ISO's of all the cd's as I said. But the emulator won't run the game from the ISO. I have to run it from the CD-drive. In this way only cd 1 and cd 4 will show the menu, cd's 2 and 3 just give me a black screen.

Creating sbi files or using ppf patches wasn't needed for cd 1.

I am using ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2 CD plugin.

Either way, the ISO I made from cd 1 won't run the game. I made it using Clone CD and again using WinISO.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
...did you try what i said to do?

also, try using Peops CDR plugin. that is my personal favorite CD plugin, it works wonders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts