Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im planning ahead for the long Christmas break, and i'm thinking of creating and putting up a website. what's a good webpage proggy? I have frontpage here, is that good enough? or are there better programs out there?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
EditPlus is the only web page authoring software I've used. :p Notepad is pretty good, too, but it gets annoying with longer stuff.

I'm moving this to the web development forum, since it is about web development.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I use notepad as well, though I like Frontpage very much. Also, Dreamweaver 3 lives in my heart! :love:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
PS.: you guys are going to kick my butt, but I pretty prefer the Frontpage Express (the one which comes along with IE4) the the newer and enhanced versions...

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Ryos
I'm moving this to the web development forum, since it is about web development.
oh...ehehehe, i forgot about the new sections. :p

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Ehh......
A little bit out topic but.............
Did frontpage 2002 (Is it release yet???) or 2001 support file with .php format ???
I don't want change extension everytime I update a webpage
Sure FP98 not support...............

K

·
0 Posts
I used to use FP for making some of my more complicated layouts back in the day, but I only use editplus now.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
If you are an expert at html and all other so called languages and stuff then use notepad and if not then use dreamweaver or frontpage.
I use frontpage now a days but I am not sure all the web hosts support uploading pages using frontpage(mine surely does).

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need one that's suited for beginners like me. :p

So where do i get FirstPage2001? and is EditPlus retail software? Who made it? :confused:

·
Registered
324 Posts
This is usually a personal thing, so it might be best to quickly try all of 'em. My opinion about the most common ones:

- Notepad: good, but no extended replace etc. functions, and I've had times when all the code formatting got lost :/

- Editplus: I used this one for a while, has a lot of good features and may be the best choice when you want to avoid WYSIWYG. For some reason I switched back to Homesite however..

- Homesite: similar to Editplus, but it's more of a a web editor rather than the notepad-ish look 'n feel you get when using EditPlus. Both have the features I need (code formatting/coloring, extended replace etc.), HS has additional stuff I usually don't use and I sometimes get memory probs with it. Don't ask why I don't switch back to Editplus though, I just got used to the look 'n feel of HS (4.5) and it has all the stuff I need, so I'm satisfied.

- Dreamweaver: never liked it, its features don't interest me and the GUI doesn't really fit for a html editor imho...

- GoLive! : same story as Dreamweaver. That's the problem with all those company-copyrighted GUIs they put in all the programs the develop..

- Frontpage: last I used was '98, which was WYSIWYG and sucked in pure html.. the new version supposedly is a lot better, haven't bothered to check it out though.

Well, that's all....

S

·
0 Posts
I use notepad and paint shop pro for the graphics...

Then again, my site's not the greatest ever either, but it works ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by Keiichi
I need one that's suited for beginners like me. :p

So where do i get FirstPage2001? and is EditPlus retail software? Who made it? :confused:
first page 2001 ?
you can get it on http://www.evrsoft.com/

you can choose between 3 primary development modes (easy/expert/hardcore).

·
Registered
168 Posts
btw, i'm currently build my homepage about epsxe
wait and let see what dreamweaver and first page 2001 can do ;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I prefer Proton3. But it's german so not many here will be able to use it.
It's kinda notepad but with much more functions.
Here's the link if you speak german (or if you just want to see it).
Proton also comes with the great ability of syntax highlighting. I wrote all my Perl-Scripts with this editor.
There's also another HTML-Editor there available. Check it out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts