Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I'm still not happy. :p

I'm not special anymore. My 100x100 size avatar was my claim to fame by being an award winner and all. Now I'm just regular. :(
You still got the stars!
And don't worry Tacos, you will never be "just regular". You're like, BBQ chips compared to us.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Actually we are owed some overtime on those red stars :p

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
I'm still not happy. :p

I'm not special anymore. My 100x100 size avatar was my claim to fame by being an award winner and all. Now I'm just regular. :(
Your avatar is nice though.Even if it makes you a little childish:p

A question? Can my stars be all red please? (I say all red!):evil:

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
Your avatar is nice though.Even if it makes you a little childish:p

A question? Can my stars be all red please? (I say all red!):evil:
people with red-stars won the ngemu forum awards for something, and were awarded the stars.
if you want the stars you have to win next-years award for something :p

or you can be an emu/plugin author, and you can also get some red stars.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Chrono Archangel said:
Poeple are already saying that long standing members are getting too much privileges from the staff. I dont think that would be fair...
Perhaps you are referring to the Spyhop vs Mudlord fiasco. And Spyhop saying that Mudlord gets preferential treatment since he is an emulator author.

Well frankly Mudlord deserves it more than Spyhop. Mudlord being an emulator author, emu authors are the lifeblood of the forum and the emulation community. While I like both users, Mudlord has given 500x to the community what spyhop has. Other than Spyhop helping users occasionally in the hardware & software section and making us laugh in the spam section you really can't compare the two in terms of contributions. Thats just the way the cookie crumbles.

And while Mudlord may have finally crossed the line where you can no longer tolerate his actions he definitely deserved some vip special treatment.

I wouldn't expect psxauthor, @ruantec or gabest to get infractions if they spammed a thread with an off topic post, and i hope that wouldn't happen. They more than earned the right to get some preferential treatment. That's the absolute least we can do to repay them for dedicating their time to the emulator.

When and if me or other users ever make contributions to the emulation community along the lines of the authors then we too can receive some special treatment.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
I think the whole issue here is worry, after Bobbi sold the forum to Spdude it wasn't too big of a deal other than being a little shocked that he sold the website.

Spdude caused no worries because like Bobbi, he was the sole owner, although I'd admit we were a tad uncomfortable.

Then out of nowhere we come to find of this crowdgather thing, which is in fact different from just having a sole owner.

Now there are several people/members/staff calling the shots, rather than one sole owner, and these several people/staff also own several other forums.

I guess you can say we are probably a bit concerned about waking up one day and the forum being shut down, turned into something other unrelated to gaming or emulation, or things changed drastically from the original concept of Ngemu.

We kind of wish we were provided more feedback on the changes, new ownership among other details than being left in the dark to discover ourselves.

We are afraid of the forum changing, becoming drastically different or worse another facepunchstudio's like forum.

Then you, who we've never seen nor heard of before shows up out of nowhere to announce a sudden change that had never been implemented before.:thumb:

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
i would imagine that if you really wanted a certain post of your to be deleted, you could just ask one of us to delete it for you.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
I've never really seen the feature abused and I don't think its ever caused much of a problem.
it's been abused, I remember a few big things about deleting posts before (well this was back when I was active here so may not say much >.> ) and in some case one of the users ended up taking screenshots of all the posts being deleted to have proof of what he was talking about, it was funny lol

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
it's been abused, I remember a few big things about deleting posts before (well this was back when I was active here so may not say much >.> ) and in some case one of the users ended up taking screenshots of all the posts being deleted to have proof of what he was talking about, it was funny lol
Abused amongst new users, but older members who've proven to conduct themselves reasonably responsibly, i doubt you've have problems with them that much.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Indeed and it will be taken into account if this modifications ever comes up form cg.

However, since they have not talk about the time limit to us yet, lets all go get more beer :p
err im still in the progress of writing the PEC faq... and i need to update the codelist every once in awhile.

Also, limiting editing times on posts also would break the automerge plugin.....

·
.:Enigmatic Protagonist:.
2,283 Posts
I think the whole issue here is worry, after Bobbi sold the forum to Spdude it wasn't too big of a deal other than being a little shocked that he sold the website.

Spdude caused no worries because like Bobbi, he was the sole owner, although I'd admit we were a tad uncomfortable.

Then out of nowhere we come to find of this crowdgather thing, which is in fact different from just having a sole owner.

Now there are several people/members/staff calling the shots, rather than one sole owner, and these several people/staff also own several other forums.

I guess you can say we are probably a bit concerned about waking up one day and the forum being shut down, turned into something other unrelated to gaming or emulation, or things changed drastically from the original concept of Ngemu.

We kind of wish we were provided more feedback on the changes, new ownership among other details than being left in the dark to discover ourselves.

We are afraid of the forum changing, becoming drastically different or worse another facepunchstudio's like forum.

Then you, who we've never seen nor heard of before shows up out of nowhere to announce a sudden change that had never been implemented before.:thumb:
Dear GOD...That explains a lot of uncomfortable stuff.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i just realised i hate IE7, like.. i mean i'd kill it if it were a living breathing creature.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Aight! Back from the bar! A few drinks always help forget the chaos that is the thing we call "internet". XD

A few small feature change will never change the core of Emuforums... and by that I mean the members! On this note, I say: "Good night! Stay clean and stay safe!"

/me passes out...

(well this was back when I was active here so may not say much >.> )
wb? :heh:

81 - 100 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.