Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
I'm tempted to go with what some people say here, I'm also a bit skeptical of this Crowdgather thing, but still... maybe we're just a bit too scared here.

Also, it does seem weird, but depending on who it is, someone who is here for just a few days might turn out to be more valuable than a long time member. I can take myself as an example, I'm here since 2001, and despite never having any warnings or bans, I do have a track record of screwups. That I'm here that long doesn't make me better, as much as I'd like to believe that...

(sidenote, 100x100 avatars would be great)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I have a few more questions...you say there's usually a time limit for edits for forums who are part of crowdgather?

So why exactly does the delete function have to be removed entirely and not just time limited as well? An hour or so should be enough for people to remove accidental postings (whether being too harsh, a forum hiccup, an initial missreading of a post, or missing of subsequent posts on another page)
And also if such a time limit could be imposed could then not the initial post of the thread be disqualified from this say 1 hour grace time?
Surely such a compromise would be the best solution? And not just for emuformus, for all the forums who are a member of crowdgather.

Or alternatively there's the GameFAQs method where you can delete your posts only after you have reached a certain user level (like say Veteran) and only so if there has not been another post after it yet.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
to be honest, it doesnt really matter if it goes or stays to me. if it stays all i ask is that there should be some sort of indication of a deleted post that regular members can see, that way things like what was in the link i posted earlier dont happen.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
What scares people is that they don't know when its going to end.

Ok, no deleting posts. Not a big deal. But people are scared of what else they'll do. Sure, they say they have no other plans currently, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
What scares people is that they don't know when its going to end.

Ok, no deleting posts. Not a big deal. But people are scared of what else they'll do. Sure, they say they have no other plans currently, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.
I do not see what they can remove/add that can make the things worse. No smilies? no youtube links? No bin? banning if your avatar is in blue? or in red? (damned should have stfu).

ah yeah. Google being a real friend and for some who want to know: Crowdgather.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
I do not see what they can remove/add that can make the things worse. No smilies? no youtube links? No bin? banning if your avatar is in blue? or in red? (damned should have stfu).
Don't mention the bin. We don't want to give out any ideas...

I will track you down in real life.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It's funny. I came from the forum the guy who created crowdgather originally owned. I didn't even know this was a crowdgather forum until a few weeks ago. LOL small world.

Anywho....I think you guys are blowing things waaaay out of proportion. This is so not a big deal at all. Look at Genmay, they're not going to be messing with much.

BTW, Gen....er....Tsirk...while you're monkying around with things why not lose the 5char min limit. Gettin so a guy can't even post "win" with following it with 2 exclamation points! :D

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
Don't mention the bin. We don't want to give out any ideas...

I will track you down in real life.
OMG!!! TCOS will become a sniper for me!!! I'm scared!:eyemove:

More seriously, I do not think they'll wait for me if they get *ideas* about the bin.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Gettin so a guy can't even post "win" with following it with 2 exclamation points! :D
Try "winnar" :heh:

No plans on getting rid of the bin. We own far stupider forums than that one.

Anybody want to test out the new avatar limits for me? I'm hoping I don't have to update the thingie in the thingie to get the new settings to take effect.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
an answer to my questions if you please? #62 of this thread

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
an answer to my questions if you please? #62 of this thread
These are the forums owned by crowdgather:
Crowdgather - Find it on Forums

Now imagine you were charged with taking care of all of them. Would you make different small exceptions and concessions for each one or would you structurally streamline them all so you always knew what you were dealing with? A hundred little exceptions would be a lot to keep track of.

Don't know why not being able to delete posts a big deal. Most forums don't let you anyway, should be used to it. Not a huge issue to just edit.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
Anybody want to test out the new avatar limits for me? I'm hoping I don't have to update the thingie in the thingie to get the new settings to take effect.
working :p

okay perhaps i misjudged you guys, sorry for that.
i feared that the only changes made would be negative ones limiting our freedom; but it seems that positive changes are also going to be made.

ps. thanks for the new avatar limit! :D

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I specified that these should be global comprises...given the option of these compromises I have no clue how it ever even came to there just being a straight no delete policy.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
I'm still not happy. :p

I'm not special anymore. My 100x100 size avatar was my claim to fame by being an award winner and all. Now I'm just regular. :(
you have red-stars though.

plus, when you loose your red stars at the end of the year, you'll be able to keep your avatar.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.