Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Users can no longer delete their own posts. That's something we don't allow on any of our forums.

It's not cool. Disrupts the conversation. Someone posts something, people reply to it, user deletes it, people come in and don't know wtf is going on and it makes the thread confusing.

·
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,201 Posts
thats not cool :/

just put it back the way it was :p

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Deleting posts is really a useful feature. While it may break a conversation it is really the quickest way to delete a response that you didn't intend without have to go through, edit you're post just to say, "Oops, sorry I made a mistake".

Also when the forum lags and you incur duplicate posts this is quite useful. You didn't disable the ability to delete threads as well I hope?:(:p

·
.:Enigmatic Protagonist:.
2,283 Posts
You can always delete (EDIT) the content of your posts and leave'em (physically) empty/blank.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
I've never really seen the feature abused and I don't think its ever caused much of a problem.

Like Xtreme2damax said its a very useful for for us users, there are numerous situation where its needed.
It hadn't been a problem in the past 7 years this site existed and the admins never saw a reason to remove it.

·
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,201 Posts
it's not tweaking! it's ruining, that's why I said, change it back the way it was!

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Users can no longer delete their own posts. That's something we don't allow on any of our forums.

It's not cool. Disrupts the conversation. Someone posts something, people reply to it, user deletes it, people come in and don't know wtf is going on and it makes the thread confusing.
yes, what you did is very good, although there should be an option to delete owned threads, that way if it is posted at a wrong place or is similar to an already existing topic then the user, when notified, can delete the thread, Instead of moderators having to waste their time to close the thread and explaining why they closed it. Its just a thought.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts

i have to say that is the crappiest suggestion ever.

"yay! lets limit the board's freedom even more!"
thanks alot.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
This is rediculous. The feature has NEVER been abused, and is mostly useful on the odd chance that the crappity server we are currently on, overloads during posting and we end up with multiple posts in the same thread (obviously the merge double posts mod screws up). Not to mention it prevents us from removing posts, when and where the same information has been provided elsewhere.

Note to OP.
generally when someone replies to something, they quote it. Replying to something without said quote is generaly confusing anyway in large threads. This does NOT change anything, The quote does not suddenly disappear when the quoted post is deleted.

If anyone is becoming confused on any of your forums, They would have to be pretty clueless to begin with.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
You can always delete (EDIT) the content of your posts and leave'em (physically) empty/blank.
Nope, you need to have at least 5 characters in the post. It wasn't a good idea, but I'm not crying over it since I never used this feature up until now:p

·
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,201 Posts
well, I made a useless post after squalls, and I was able to delete it!! maybe because it was the last one! I don't know.. btw who is Tsirk anyways, is he Lino.

·
.:Enigmatic Protagonist:.
2,283 Posts
who ?

·
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,201 Posts
nah, he is different one, forget it!

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
This is stupid. You can still edit the post. So if your intentions is Disrupting the conversation to confuse people, you can till do it. Never seen a problem or read complains about the feature in the 3 years i have been here.

·
|> |_ /\ |\| |
1,243 Posts
Perhaps a poll should have been a better way to decide this.

Like most of us, I am against this idea.

Please change it to the way it was.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Umm, but its useful when your connection(or the site) starts acting up and creates automatic double posts... Has happened more than once to me:mad:

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
Nothing has ever gone wrong with users deleting their own posts, so why change it now?
Conformity, the crowd gather thing is similar to franchising.
One set of illogical rules to fit all forums

A forums commodity is their members, they are the ones who create new content and attract page views.

What they don't realize about NGemu is that most members here are literally geniuses,
we'll defect to another forum if we're oppressed enough or create and build a new community network

It's no pain to us

RTV
Nominate XTemu

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.