Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not saying the site needs to be rolled back.
Well I am, this new layout sucks ass, sorry for being harsh but it does. I've given it a chance since it came out, and it's safe to say now there's not a single thing I find more covenant or better then the previous version of the forums. You might not care, but this change is making me stop coming here, it's just that bad, and maybe there are others too that share my opinions but are just more silent then me, you're only driving traffic away with this change bud, I doubt there is anyone that's going to start coming here more now with these changes... Anyway good luck on the site.

·
Site Admin
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I am, this new layout sucks ass, sorry for being harsh but it does. I've given it a chance since it came out, and it's safe to say now there's not a single thing I find more covenant or better then the previous version of the forums. You might not care, but this change is making me stop coming here, it's just that bad, and maybe there are others too that share my opinions but are just more silent then me, you're only driving traffic away with this change bud, I doubt there is anyone that's going to start coming here more now with these changes... Anyway good luck on the site.
The change in platforms was needed.

Can you tell me what you don’t like about it? Is there anything I can help you find?

Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. (I was more than a little grumpy about it all at first.) I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
change isn't always good...the site is now harder to navigate, the layout is too consolidated for desktop users...so there is too much clicking sudo dropdowns just to find what you are looking for.. alerts you have to click through a second page just to see what the alert is for...the overall site is SLOOOOW as molasses... going to different forums takes waaay too long...
and I won't get into how ugly everything looks(AKA the themes are terrible)...

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,810 Posts
The change in platforms was needed.

Can you tell me what you don’t like about it? Is there anything I can help you find?

Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. (I was more than a little grumpy about it all at first.) I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it.

- Cricket
I am a very old member of this place and as I already said in another post the design of this website play a huge roll in many of us. Its simplicity is what keep us coming back and while I love changes even I have been losing interest recently in visiting this place because of the changes. What changes you may ask?

• Its not easy to see who is online
  • Threads comments don't show who last replied
  • The design is not bad but it feels very generic but so far works better
  • There is no more nostalgia each time you enter this place which is what probably attach many of us
I completely understand that a change was needed but at least a option to switch to a design similar to the old one would be great.

·
Site Admin
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I am a very old member of this place and as I already said in another post the design of this website play a huge roll in many of us. Its simplicity is what keep us coming back and while I love changes even I have been losing interest recently in visiting this place because of the changes. What changes you may ask?

• Its not easy to see who is online
  • Threads comments don't show who last replied
  • The design is not bad but it feels very generic but so far works better
  • There is no more nostalgia each time you enter this place which is what probably attach many of us
I completely understand that a change was needed but at least a option to switch to a design similar to the old one would be great.
Thank you for providing detailed feedback. We will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that will be largely fueled by member feedback.

Is this what you are looking for in regards to who posted last?

I will pass on all feedback to the developers.

- Cricket

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,810 Posts
Thank you for providing detailed feedback. We will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that will be largely fueled by member feedback.

Is this what you are looking for in regards to who posted last?
View attachment 201366
I will pass on all feedback to the developers.

- Cricket
Yes that is what I meant. Old members were used to certain things here and they rarely browse everything so having a quick info help them. I hope others post their thoughts here as that may help improve the experience for all of us.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,450 Posts
Somthing I'd like to point out:

It seems that you have to click/tap the link to access the posts under new posts and alerts. While it's easy to figure out roughly which groups of words are the link, ease of use standards and general web page standards suggest that the link should be underlined, displayed as a different color, or both. (Note that the link to the Random Thoughts Thread is only underlined because I tapped it previously)

Before the switch, it was even more convenient because you could click/tap anywhere in the element and it would operate as the link. There was also a dedicated Alerts icon that would show a quick access drop down menu which was very convenient. Loved having that...

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,595 Posts
To follow that up...
I'm getting a little worried at the state of these forums now with all the ads, fabricated posts and now even a fabricated moderator (Autoguide.com) ?
The "trending" list is also completely off.

·
Site Admin
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I have to say after using it for a while now I think it's really nice on mobile but terrible on desktop. It's so difficult to navigate on a pc now.
What makes it difficult to navigate? Let us know where we can improve for you

To follow that up...
I'm getting a little worried at the state of these forums now with all the ads, fabricated posts and now even a fabricated moderator (Autoguide.com) ?
The "trending" list is also completely off.
Allow me to clarify some of these:
We aim to integrate the ads in the most seamless way to ensure that it does not block content and can be easily scrolled past if the offer or product is not something of interest to you. While the complete removal of ads is difficult, ads help support the cost of operating the community, we are always looking at ways to optimize the balance between advertising and content. We are working with our development teams to also introduce a new premium membership for purchase in the coming months that will allow members to view the site ad-free.
Fabricated how? Can you clarify? I promise are all as human as possible 😅You are far from the first or last person to think otherwise though.
The "Trending" list pull from cumulative data over time. When we moved to this software, it reset all the time values to be the date of moving. So some older posts with many clicks/likes/reads/comments seemed to be very popular given the software considered them only days old. This data will become more accurate over time, but I can understand why this might be confusing. I'll see what I can do about updating the home page to keep it more accurate :)

-Gerrit

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,595 Posts
The site looks quite disorganized on desktop with lots of texts aligned differently from each other, with ads in between. The look is a lot cleaner on mobile.

The ads kind of confuse the threads IMO. Then there's people like all the "O Connors" asking the exact same question (same words even) about consoles. Seems odd to me.

Finally, the "non-top" forums are harder to find.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts