Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ゲート オーペン!
Joined
·
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all use it (and of course I'm talking about "lol") but I wonder who made it ? oO, is kind of stupid but still I would like to know the author of this abbr. XD
and if possible about "lmao" and "rofl".


-Shadow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,330 Posts
Yeah.. I said lol before I even knew it was an "official" internet slang term. :p
 

·
Ocean Soul
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
I personally always hated stuff like that...I mean when people start to ask "what the **** does WTF mean?!" it just not worth it....say haha if you are "laughing out loud"...I mean really...who cares if you really are? No one likes you *starts to cry, because no one really likes him*...haha I'm just messing, but really...I think saying stuff like lol is the same as typing "u" when you only need two more letters to write "you"....is it really that hard?
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
cooliscool said:
Yeah.. I said lol before I even knew it was an "official" internet slang term. :p
I know what you mean... I spent the first 3 months of playing PSO on the DC without knowing its exact meaning. I thought it was some kind of "hello" until an acquaintance of mine told me "what the hell are you laughing at?".
 

·
The Hunter
Joined
·
15,879 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
I know what you mean... I spent the first 3 months of playing PSO on the DC without knowing its exact meaning. I thought it was some kind of "hello" until an acquaintance of mine told me "what the hell are you laughing at?".
LOL, Kaiser in his n00bie period :D

Lol is an official dutch word, which means the same as 'fun' ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
177 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
LOL, Kaiser in his n00bie period :D

Lol is an official dutch word, which means the same as 'fun' ;)

hehe that reminds me i used to tell my friends "lol" as in "loel" the actual pronoune of the three letters. I was a dork lol. But it was cool, i never knew it was an actual dutch word though otherwise i wouldnt of used it like that lol cause i did not want to make fun of another language.
 

·
ゲート オーペン!
Joined
·
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
come on ppl, it must have a beggining, just as "ok" had one back in the 1800's when a political party made it in the us (it was a party that the initials were [obviously] "O.K." {I can't remember the name -_-"} and if you were with them you were fine or "ok") anyway just like that , I'm pretty sure "lol" had a beggining.
I dont believe that "lol" derived from the same place the first 3ll7 chat derived from. Somebody told me it was a california group of kids that started it, not sure though anybody know?
I think u meant 1337, and for me Largo made it lol aaaaahahahahhahahaha www.megatokyo.com
 

·
The Hunter
Joined
·
15,879 Posts
Hehe, the second one where he's testing the door is funny :D

The others aren't that funny IMO.
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
8,882 Posts
shadow89 said:
come on ppl, it must have a beggining, just as "ok" had one back in the 1800's when a political party made it in the us (it was a party that the initials were [obviously] "O.K." {I can't remember the name -_-"} and if you were with them you were fine or "ok") anyway just like that , I'm pretty sure "lol" had a beggining.
Your story of the word "OK" is a bit messed up. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okay

There's written record of it's use before the presidential election of 1840, when the democrats use the expression "OK" to refer to the candidate Martin Van Buren.

Anyway, Wikipedia has not so much information about LOL, though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lol
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top