Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all use it (and of course I'm talking about "lol") but I wonder who made it ? oO, is kind of stupid but still I would like to know the author of this abbr. XD
and if possible about "lmao" and "rofl".

-Shadow

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Yeah.. I said lol before I even knew it was an "official" internet slang term. :p

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
I personally always hated stuff like that...I mean when people start to ask "what the **** does WTF mean?!" it just not worth it....say haha if you are "laughing out loud"...I mean really...who cares if you really are? No one likes you *starts to cry, because no one really likes him*...haha I'm just messing, but really...I think saying stuff like lol is the same as typing "u" when you only need two more letters to write "you"....is it really that hard?

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
cooliscool said:
Yeah.. I said lol before I even knew it was an "official" internet slang term. :p
I know what you mean... I spent the first 3 months of playing PSO on the DC without knowing its exact meaning. I thought it was some kind of "hello" until an acquaintance of mine told me "what the hell are you laughing at?".

·
Registered
238 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
I know what you mean... I spent the first 3 months of playing PSO on the DC without knowing its exact meaning. I thought it was some kind of "hello" until an acquaintance of mine told me "what the hell are you laughing at?".
Lol!!!

·
Banned
177 Posts
I dont believe that "lol" derived from the same place the first 3ll7 chat derived from. Somebody told me it was a california group of kids that started it, not sure though anybody know?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
LOL, Kaiser in his n00bie period :D

Lol is an official dutch word, which means the same as 'fun' ;)

·
Banned
177 Posts
Cid Highwind said:

Lol is an official dutch word, which means the same as 'fun' ;)

hehe that reminds me i used to tell my friends "lol" as in "loel" the actual pronoune of the three letters. I was a dork lol. But it was cool, i never knew it was an actual dutch word though otherwise i wouldnt of used it like that lol cause i did not want to make fun of another language.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Nonetheless, we have been deeply insulted by your actions. :'(

/me runs away crying like a little schoolgirl

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
When I first entered the online gaming world nobody tell me that english was not the only language I should know... so blame them, not me... ;)

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
come on ppl, it must have a beggining, just as "ok" had one back in the 1800's when a political party made it in the us (it was a party that the initials were [obviously] "O.K." {I can't remember the name -_-"} and if you were with them you were fine or "ok") anyway just like that , I'm pretty sure "lol" had a beggining.
I dont believe that "lol" derived from the same place the first 3ll7 chat derived from. Somebody told me it was a california group of kids that started it, not sure though anybody know?
I think u meant 1337, and for me Largo made it lol aaaaahahahahhahahaha www.megatokyo.com

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I guess no one made it, It's just a simple abbreviation whose roots originated from those chatters who are too lazy to type whole words. same as "AFK" "BB" etc..

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
" lol " is the easiest way to give someone an answer in an online game when he/she is muttering rubbish while you are swinging swords at monsters. :D

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Sorry for reviving this thread, but I came across something that might just be the answer to your questions. :p

LOL

It's not actually funny, but I dont get the point and kinda disturbs me..comments anyone?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Hehe, the second one where he's testing the door is funny :D

The others aren't that funny IMO.

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL ok it was worth to be revived xD ahaha ty lol.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
shadow89 said:
come on ppl, it must have a beggining, just as "ok" had one back in the 1800's when a political party made it in the us (it was a party that the initials were [obviously] "O.K." {I can't remember the name -_-"} and if you were with them you were fine or "ok") anyway just like that , I'm pretty sure "lol" had a beggining.
Your story of the word "OK" is a bit messed up. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okay

There's written record of it's use before the presidential election of 1840, when the democrats use the expression "OK" to refer to the candidate Martin Van Buren.

Anyway, Wikipedia has not so much information about LOL, though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts