Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Asus A8V mobo and I've connected my raptor to the Via sata controler. Although the HD is detected by the bios and in Via's sata RAID manager, I can't see it in "my computer" and thus, can't use it. Any ideas? did I miss anything?

Thanks in advance!! ;)

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Is it formatted? If you are using XP you can go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management to partition and format it.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that did it :) Thanks again. Just a little Q....if I installed Windows on a partition on the sata drive and set it to boot from it in the bios, will everything go smoothly?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I dont see why it wouldn't. although make sure you have a driver floppy disk for your sata controller. at the beginning of the installation (im assuming your installing from DOS), it asks press F3 if you need to install any third party raid drivers. If you dont install them, then the XP setup wont see your SATA disk, and that wont be fun... heh

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
AAAAAAAAAA, ive wanted a Raptor for some time now. Ive heard it was great to install only windows on the 36gb hd and then evenything else on a normal hd. Windows loads like instently becasue of its 100,000 rpms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts