Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old 5.1 speakers set and the box says is 2000 watts. Now i was looking through creative's site since i want to give them a go and i discovered they use a very different watt measurement, in fact they are not the only ones, i've been seeing sound systems with "small amount" of watts since one year ago and nobody seems to use the old 1000/2000... amounts and i want to know how do you know what sounds good. I.e. the creative's speakers set i was looking had 70 watts. How does it compare with my old system in terms of watts? (not quality, almost anything will sound better than my system :lol: )

·
Registered
217 Posts
what model are your old speakers and do you know what form of measurement was used to come up with the watts measurement anything over 500 on PC gets me skeptical

the way its measured now is RMS or the wattage taht is maintable by the system instead of the max output that you would rarely see

also really unless ure in a HUGE room or deaf anything around 70 - 100 watts should be fine and you should look more at quality

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The model i have is Qmax 550, very strange i know and it's 2000 watts and sadly i didn't know there were different ways to measure watts so i don't know which one was used but most likely it was the maximum output as you say. Talking about rms the set i saw was 42, is it any good?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts