Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o well, maybe it'll happen in the future(O LOOK! A FLYING PIG!)

i imagine the dreamcast could do a good bit to improve the graphics but i guess that if it ever gets ported it will b quite sum time

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
It would be very possible, I herd there is a DC version of Linux that can run MAME. But I would suppose that there would have to be a new bunch of plugins.

S

·
0 Posts
Nope, no ePSXe for DC. They are still busy perfecting it on the PC and they are doing a fantastic job of it as well. I don't think there are any plans, at all, to port ePSXe to the DC.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
13 Posts
this will happen one day

im pretty sure that one of these great psx emulators that are out will be ported to the DC and it may be sooner than you all think:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, but by then will anybody still care about dreamcast? Anyhow, I don't imagine it would be too hard, since the dreamcast's graphics hardware is available for pc(hercules 4000/kyro 2 I think), the main problems would be no hard drive, less memory, no windows 9x, and that is is running a 200 mhz superSH or whatever, which I'm pretty sure is a palm pilot cpu though I imagine it could hold up pretty well against a 400 mhz pentium 2.

S

·
0 Posts
Perhaps these emulators are being ported to the DC for the sake of thos who own one and enjoy it. The DC was quite a good system, I had one, myself, for a short time. If you can breath some new life into a dead system, I say, "Why not?"
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Fox5
since the dreamcast's graphics hardware is available for pc(hercules 4000/kyro 2 I think)
No,the chip in the DC is the Kyro 1/3D prophet 4000.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Because the dreamcast has a pretty good and cheap graphics chip in it? Oh, and I think I remember reading something about sega releasing something that would let you play dreamcast games on your pc, like they did with the saturn.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by Fox5
Because the dreamcast has a pretty good and cheap graphics chip in it? Oh, and I think I remember reading something about sega releasing something that would let you play dreamcast games on your pc, like they did with the saturn.
I just was wondering where you read that ???? :D

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
When did they release anything to play saturn games on your PC?
I don't think they did.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I do remember a while back Sega was considering releasing something that allow you to play DC games on a PC but it was canceled like many other DC related items. Sega is however releasing a DC devkit for PC soemtime, but it will still cost 5000$ (USD) - Which is more then I'm gonna pay to MAKE a game for OTHERS to enjoy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
There was some saturn thing, basically it was the entire sega saturn, but on a pci board(I think) and it stock out in the back and had places to plug in saturn controllers. Basically, it was a saturn without the casing. The dreamcast thing was supposed to be the same. I would assume they could at least work with the rest of your computer though, or they would be kind of worthless.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts