1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Classic Games Lover
5,272 Posts
It's messed up for me too, last post from Paratech, I can see updates to the thread, but no posts...

Whoever has set accepting messages from everyone is asking for trouble. Not saying that Sony is without the blame.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was able to login with my main account using the Android app and found out that I got 5 such messages which can brick my PS4. Sadly enough i can't login on my secondary one which I also use with my PS4. If this pile of crap brick I will throw this piece of shit out of the window i swear.

I won't rant now and if I do then you know why but the f*cking PSN is a piece of garbage if such a shit can happen that easily. I pray to God my PS4 is not bricked through my secondary account else my blood is going to f*cking boil more than a vulcan after finding out that i already got so many messages.

Whoever has set accepting messages from everyone is asking for trouble. Not saying that Sony is without the blame.
That's true but there are people like me who don't use the PS4 as their main console and can't be bothered with such a thing. Sure a spam message now and then don't bother but when a simple message can screw up your console is a cause of concern with your security and your investment and trust in the company behind that product.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The good:
My main account is safe since i used the Android app to delete the messages and so far no issues with the PS4 because of that. I also set messages to friends only now since i never bothered to change that in the past.

The bad:
I can't login to my secondary account.

The ugly:
My secondary account got automatically removed from my PS4 and it seems like Sony just blocked my account and within 4 of my games purchased. My only chance is to contact Sony's customer support which as we know is not known for being helpful.

Lesson lerned:
Screw Sony and the f*cking Playstation and move on....

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did Sony ban those exploiters? Epic fail if they didn't.

Hopefully many will report those accounts. Their accounts or consoles should be permabanned.
Those accounts seems to be random as they have random numbers included and all of them use some kind of manga/anime icon. The real issue is that you don't even have to open those messages to get screwed as by getting them is all over. I mean... how can you trust a company that allows a simple message screw your console or like in my case lose your account and games?

The messages are:
"I like you", "Hi there!", "Here some gorgeous pics" and so on. I got most of them last sunday. My second account probably had more but since i'm unable to recover it nor login i have no idea as the account seems to be blocked and even removed from my PS4 without my permission. The account got simply removed after turning on my PS4 so go figure who own your stuff in reality.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
I mean... how can you trust a company that allows a simple message screw your console or like in my case lose your account and games?
Oh great, so now you're saying I can't trust Microsoft?!
Look, just because Windows has had BSODs because of weird characters, broken languages, or long names, doesn't mean I should stop using Windows 10. You're just a hater.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh great, so now you're saying I can't trust Microsoft?!
Look, just because Windows has had BSODs because of weird characters, broken languages, or long names, doesn't mean I should stop using Windows 10. You're just a hater.
Are you seriously now trying to defend Sony? this is no hating is just ranting about ANY company that does this kind of crap including Microsoft and any other company that does that. I don't care which company is behind that i will say the exact same thing. I have no clue how you just used Microsoft just because I was talking about a company responsible for this mess. If Microsoft, Apple, Google and any other company do that they should be hammered for this kind of crap that nobody should go through in the first place.

You can call me hater whatever you want as I don't give a shit but i wish you to be in my shoes and lose one of your accounts and games then come back to me and lets talk about it. I want to make clear this isn't me simply hating on the beloved Sony of this place but calling them out because this issue is pathetic and everyone that even try to defend this kind of bullshit should check itself sorry. I like you buddy but this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
How do you turn off getting messages from strangers on the Vita?

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Are you seriously now trying to defend Sony? this is no hating is just ranting about ANY company that does this kind of crap including Microsoft and any other company that does that. I don't care which company is behind that i will say the exact same thing. I have no clue how you just used Microsoft just because I was talking about a company responsible for this mess. If Microsoft, Apple, Google and any other company do that they should be hammered for this kind of crap that nobody should go through in the first place.

You can call me hater whatever you want as I don't give a shit but i wish you to be in my shoes and lose one of your accounts and games then come back to me and lets talk about it. I want to make clear this isn't me simply hating on the beloved Sony of this place but calling them out because this issue is pathetic and everyone that even try to defend this kind of bullshit should check itself sorry. I like you buddy but this is ridiculous.
I agree that any company who lets something like this slip by is responsible for it and fucked up.
I disagree that you can never again trust a company because of it.

What would make me lose trust in a company is if they took forever to fix it. Crap like this is shameful, but I understand that a million things can go wrong, so I can tolerate critical errors popping up one day.
What I don't tolerate is if a company takes a long time to fix it, because to me this shows that they don't take their job seriously, and I can expect more errors like this to follow.

My post wasn't a defense of them, it was just a joke about how errors like this aren't all that rare. My view of this is that it sucks, Sony fucked up, but as long as they take it seriously and fix it it's not a deal-breaker.
It becomes a deal-breaker if they consider themselves too important to care about it.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree that any company who lets something like this slip by is responsible for it and fucked up.
I disagree that you can never again trust a company because of it.

What would make me lose trust in a company is if they took forever to fix it. Crap like this is shameful, but I understand that a million things can go wrong, so I can tolerate critical errors popping up one day.
What I don't tolerate is if a company takes a long time to fix it, because to me this shows that they don't take their job seriously, and I can expect more errors like this to follow.

My post wasn't a defense of them, it was just a joke about how errors like this aren't all that rare. My view of this is that it sucks, Sony fucked up, but as long as they take it seriously and fix it it's not a deal-breaker.
It becomes a deal-breaker if they consider themselves too important to care about it.
They have a record of weakness in the security sector. Remember that not long ago creditcards were exposed now this issue with a simple message. Now explain me how they simply removed my secondary account without my permission and now I have ZERO access to it and even the recovery don't even work because my account seems to be completely blocked?

That kind of issues are big and something everyone should consider about. Not long ago Paratech was flipping out because of companies having control but who gave Sony control over my PS4 to simply remove my account and show me the middle finger so to speak? I didn't even knew it was possible to begin with and that is the issue i have here.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
They have a record of weakness in the security sector. Remember that not long ago creditcards were exposed now this issue with a simple message. Now explain me how they simply removed my secondary account without my permission and now I have ZERO access to it and even the recovery don't even work because my account seems to be completely blocked?

That kind of issues are big and something everyone should consider about. Not long ago Paratech was flipping out because of companies having control but who gave Sony control over my PS4 to simply remove my account and show me the middle finger so to speak? I didn't even knew it was possible to begin with and that is the issue i have here.
"Not long ago" was 7 years ago. At this point there are console users who were born the same year.

As for your secondary account, honestly, it's hard to comment on it since we don't actually know what happened. We know you're unable to access your account, but we don't know why.
I don't know if they secretly merged your accounts.
I don't know if they deleted the account + all licenses tied to the account.
I don't know if they separated the accounts and made it so only one can be activated at a time.
I don't know if you made a mistake when entering your login data.

Only thing I know is that it seems to be unrelated to the exploit allowing to crash a person's console through private messages.

Edit: If the email you used for your secondary account was also used on other websites (forums, modding websites, video websites, anything), it's possible your account was locked because someone tried to "hack" you.

One of my older email was leaked after multiple websites were hacked. Myspace, Dailymotion, Nexus mod, just so many websites were hacked and had my email shared because of it. As a result, people keep trying to hack that email on every website or game account I have. This leads to my accounts sometime being locked.

If the email you used for the secondary account was used elsewhere, it's possible someone tried to do the same thing to you. Worth checking out.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
"Not long ago" was 7 years ago. At this point there are console users who were born the same year.

As for your secondary account, honestly, it's hard to comment on it since we don't actually know what happened. We know you're unable to access your account, but we don't know why.
I don't know if they secretly merged your accounts.
I don't know if they deleted the account + all licenses tied to the account.
I don't know if they separated the accounts and made it so only one can be activated at a time.
I don't know if you made a mistake when entering your login data.

Only thing I know is that it seems to be unrelated to the exploit allowing to crash a person's console through private messages.

Edit: If the email you used for your secondary account was also used on other websites (forums, modding websites, video websites, anything), it's possible your account was locked because someone tried to "hack" you.

One of my older email was leaked after multiple websites were hacked. Myspace, Dailymotion, Nexus mod, just so many websites were hacked and had my email shared because of it. As a result, people keep trying to hack that email on every website or game account I have. This leads to my accounts sometime being locked.

If the email you used for the secondary account was used elsewhere, it's possible someone tried to do the same thing to you. Worth checking out.
Well...7 years is actually not a long time taking in mind this gen is already 5 years in. Lets take Microsoft as an example since people still talk about things that happened ages ago and to be honest rightfully so. Even new generation of gamers should know about those things and isn't something that should belong to the past.

As for my other account i rechecked and even if someone tried to hack my account(which i highly doubt) at least I should get a mail or information regarding what happened. The question is....why not go with my primary account instead? that one have far more value and games. One can say that probably was my fault or that I entered the wrong password but I care a lot about my password and know exactly which password to use for each account. As a matter of fact each one is tied to an event between my past and that account so I know 100% the right password every time on every account. That account has never been used on any forums or any other place except my PS4 and PSNow as it was the account I used for testing.

The games are gone from my list obviously because the account was simply removed from my PS4 and if I try to add it it won't let me. Also the password was tied to my PSNow app which auto-logged and that one now fails inmediatly because the account seems to be completely blocked. That account have 100% purchased games and zero ilegal stuff just as my main account so there is absolutely no reason.

As a matter of fact I last used my PS4 to record the footage below 2 weeks ago and everything was fine otherwise I would've written a rant that day. Sure the Issue probably have nothing to do with the bug but it has a lot to do what a company do to your stuff without you knowing. I may be wrong here and I really hope so but the signs make me think that.

Again....there is no blind hate here but extreme disappointment because is just pathetic and mind blowing to see such things happening.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Well...7 years is actually not a long time taking in mind this gen is already 5 years in. Lets take Microsoft as an example since people still talk about things that happened ages ago and to be honest rightfully so. Even new generation of gamers should know about those things and isn't something that should belong to the past.

As for my other account i rechecked and even if someone tried to hack my account(which i highly doubt) at least I should get a mail or information regarding what happened. The question is....why not go with my primary account instead? that one have far more value and games. One can say that probably was my fault or that I entered the wrong password but I care a lot about my password and know exactly which password to use for each account. As a matter of fact each one is tied to an event between my past and that account so I know 100% the right password every time on every account. That account has never been used on any forums or any other place except my PS4 and PSNow as it was the account I used for testing.

The games are gone from my list obviously because the account was simply removed from my PS4 and if I try to add it it won't let me. Also the password was tied to my PSNow app which auto-logged and that one now fails inmediatly because the account seems to be completely blocked. That account have 100% purchased games and zero ilegal stuff just as my main account so there is absolutely no reason.

As a matter of fact I last used my PS4 to record the footage below 2 weeks ago and everything was fine otherwise I would've written a rant that day. Sure the Issue probably have nothing to do with the bug but it has a lot to do what a company do to your stuff without you knowing. I may be wrong here and I really hope so but the signs make me think that.

Again....there is no blind hate here but extreme disappointment because is just pathetic and mind blowing to see such things happening.
It's a weird situation, I know you said their support isn't very helpful but it's still worth asking them what's happening. There's no benefit for Sony to silently remove an account like this, they don't make money from it, worse they lose money by losing a paying customer account.

It's quite possible their support will be incredibly unhelpful, but if you get someone helpful you might get an actual explanation on what happened.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I checked settings and messaging and didn't see any settings for friends only with my Vita.

I have had strangers message me and I'd like to turn that off.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's a weird situation, I know you said their support isn't very helpful but it's still worth asking them what's happening. There's no benefit for Sony to silently remove an account like this, they don't make money from it, worse they lose money by losing a paying customer account.

It's quite possible their support will be incredibly unhelpful, but if you get someone helpful you might get an actual explanation on what happened.
I was thinking about that too even if I have some terrible experience with Sony's support over here. I guess i may at least get some answers even if I never get my account back.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
That doesn't make me want to buy one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts