Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These ARE NOT PRE-RENDERED OR CG. THEY ARE INGAME ON THE XBOX 2. (on their site, they say that they are taken directly from the level, ala ingame.)

These are made with an alpha version of the hardware supposively, just like the Elder Scrolls IV shots were on an Xbox 2. But, this game looks VERY impressive.

Site: www.WarDevil.com
Pictures: http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=312307

Sample Pic:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks good. It'll look great when it comes out, but as with all consoles, it'll be a very short time before PC's start looking tons better. Happens with every system. :)
- Modem

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
There's no way in hell those were rendered in real time by an Xbox ... Definately some sort of PC at work in those screens.

Aside from that, WOW! looking good.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Ooh. Doom 3

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
/me slaps his forehead

Doh! Ohh ... Xbox 2. I should read better :p

·
band
4,912 Posts
not bad, have you ever notices that the shots in thier website either look like Doom3 or Half-Life2?
indeed, but can u blame them >.<

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Doom 3 only looked good because it had enhanced textures. The actual 'graphics' of the game were rather ordinary.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Same with half-life two Vanit. Ordinary polygonal models, cept characters. The rest was great textures and an awesome physics engine. But most models in the game are standard cubes or rectangles so...

BTW: I have no idea what standard T.V. could display such high detail level of the xbox 2. I think they are fudging it like they did with halo 2 graphics.

·
Registered
774 Posts
TBH, I'm not overly impressed with those pics. Really, it just looks like an incremental increase in quality from what is already possibly on the PC. The renders from the Unreal 3 engine impressed me much more than those.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Coolsvilleman said:
BTW: I have no idea what standard T.V. could display such high detail level of the xbox 2. I think they are fudging it like they did with halo 2 graphics.
I'm sure the next-gen consoles will be having total HDTV support ;)

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Hmm... what's the games genre? It really doesn't show on the pages...

But aside that WOW! But I'm against x-box, so i'm not buying it...

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Looking good, i hope the game itself is as good as the graphics

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Vanit said:
Doom 3 only looked good because it had enhanced textures. The actual 'graphics' of the game were rather ordinary.
I'd say it was more down to texturing and lighting effects, like the bump mapping and the dynamic shadows etc. Doom 3 looks amazing even though the poly cound on hte models is very low.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts