Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apperantly the Xbox 360 release in Japan wasn't as good as MS expected, even with not that many consoles most shops still have quite a few (some still have alot infact) xbox 360 in stock. If anyone's still interested then wheres ur ticket to get one :p

· Registered
822 Posts
Yes plenty in stock here, although I don't have enough luggage room to bring some back for some peepz. Also its region locked from what I heard.

EDIT:
I will retract my statement about region free.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/xbox_360.txt

Based on this, it is software developer dependent? Does this mean the units itself no matter what region has no locks and its up to the devlopers to decide to add the region. Not really clear on how the region free stuff works on the 360.

· Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah didnt knew that. Thought the Xbox 1 wasnt region locked as well. :p

· Registered
822 Posts
Samor said:
nah, the xbox360 simply doesn't appeal to the Japanese and people who adore everything Japanese.
That unfortunately is true, if it does not have Sony or Nintendo plastered on it, it does not sell too well. The only way would be to develop a huge Japanese library of appealing games for the XBOX, but even with that it still would not be enough to phase them.

Japanese are stubborn like that, I saw that first hand with their culture.

· Registered
411 Posts
The xbox is like a dvd player with its games. If the dvd has region lockout on it, you can only play it in the region the xbox was made for. (99% of all dvd's have this). So developers can choose wether to put a region on the disc or just print it up the same for the entire world (which saves them money with having to print only 1 run of the game).

However, most publishers are greedy, money grubbin, sob's. As such, they'll usually use the region lockout, because they like to try and keep tabs on what's selling in what regions. If things are too import friendly, it skews their numbers and their ability to attempt ot predict things in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.