Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Well, if I may be so blunt:

The tones of Green vs Red that you used don't really contrast each other well, and despite me sitting here looking at a wallpaper with a 32-bit color setting it feels like I'm looking at a low color wallpaper, as the obvious color transition of the dot imprinted background isn't to my liking. I like something smoother much better, but all of this is IMHO ofcourse. ;)

I like the dotted imprint though, it gives a nice touch. The guy on the right gives the picture an unbalanced feel to it by being filler on the right, with nothing on the left, but perhaps that was your intention. Whatever you do, don't change the guy in the middle (Sasuke was it?), unlike what I said about your sig.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, That would be a problem considering their state ;)

klatch: thats fine, i asked for comments, not for people to compliment me if they didnt like it ;)

I did put itachi on the right and sasuke in the center on purpose, as its focusing more on sasuke, but itachi is linked to him in many ways so it fitted in nicely IMO.
About the combination of the coloring and the grid, i spotted the problem aswell.
you can almost see blocks of certain colors at its fade..

Ill work on a v2 in the next few days, and try to improve it while keeping the grid effect.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
klatch said:
The guy on the right gives the picture an unbalanced feel to it by being filler on the right, with nothing on the left, but perhaps that was your intention.
I find that appropiate for a wallpaper, if you are gonna have icons on the desktop and keep it to the left as it's usual.

The wallpaper idea is nice, though as Klatch noted, the blocks doen't give it a very nice look :p . Looking forward to that v2 ;) .

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>> I find that appropiate for a wallpaper, if you are gonna have icons on the desktop and >> keep it to the left as it's usual.

I agree completely. I didnt take that into account when making this or other wallpaper, but ive noticed it alot that i dont seem to like wallpapers that interfer with the way i arrange my icons.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Family? Where did the parents go? :p

Yours,
-Elly

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
well thats what's left of their family... sigh... I can't wait to see the next episode... Rock Lee and that Kinimaro (did I get it right :D... think not)

·
Registered
84 Posts
you said family ???? com on, aside from Itachi/Sasuke, put his mom dad and the rest of the clan in there, then I would be more satisfy to even open this thread in the first place lol (geez thx alot).

No sorry, I don't really like it much, it needs more than that, try blending abstract gfx and maybe a transparent blurred image of the sharingan eye, you know.. make it " deviant " :) why join if you know you didn't put enuff efforts into it, gotta get yourself shot, do all you can to make the best for people to enjoy :)

·
band
4,912 Posts
gotta get yourself shot
hey why dont u take some of your own advice. learn when to stop. the constructive criticism was good but u just didnt know when to shut ur mouth.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Somehow, when i saw your name on the reply email i knew what you're going to say. I chose to put what effects & effort i wanted to, that fit MY likings and MY idea, and too bad if it doesnt suit your taste. I Could run 50 effect tutorials just to have it look "professional" like many idiots love to say and do, but i find some PERSONAL CREATIVITY against repeating the same old procedures more fitting.

Its not that i dont want criticism, but there's more then a decent way to do that. Your kind of behvior, Though, is disgusting. I cant stand people that run down other people and treat them badly just because they arent good enough for their taste, either in personality or in what they do.

I would appriciate it if you would refrain from answering any of my posts in the future.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I didn't put you down, if I did, my apologies. I only critique the art itself, not you personally. If you don't take sarcasm very well, then again my apologies.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sarcasm is a bit problemtic to detect from bare text across the internet. with the lack of smilies or similar things as far as i can see you were serious ;)

Anyway, no harm done. I just dont like it when people try to act suprior (not that im saying you were, just a general feeling). You know what they say, let bygones be bygones ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
some people just doesnt like to post with smilies, or maybe it's just easy to use the "post quick reply" instead, sometime they tend to forget to edit their post.

thanks for understanding..

-worst art critic and student of University of Art Institute

1 - 19 of 19 Posts