Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Dude!! I got almost the exact same computer specs as you do.. Check my profile.. All my games run near perfectly for me.. I use lewpys glide pluggin most of the time and petes d3d pluggin sometimes.. Try playing your games at 640x480 with 4xFSAA on using lewpys glide pluggin.. Or 1024x768 with no FSAA using lewpys glide pluggin.. For pixelated 2d though, you can't beat using the first config.. If you need an exact configuration for a game of lewpys glide pluggin, let me know.. I got all of the games you mentioned so far.. And do also read the documentations that come with epsxe and the pluggins like the fellow above suggested..

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Well the sound pluggin depends on a few facters..

1. The game you are playing
2. The soundcard you have

For FF9 I recommend you use iori's new sound pluggin.. It sounds the best in FF9 for me.. For MgS I use petes new direct sound pluggin 1.11 It fixes the sound problems with that game.. For the rest of the game, I would use the internal epsxe sound pluggin.. Or just do some experimentation like I do.. Get epsxe executor as it will help you greatly with different configurations of different games.. It also make the experimentation process a lot faster and easier.. Same thing with your cd rom.. First try the interal cd rom pluggin then test other and see if they run better.. Personally I use the internal pluggin most if not all the time without problems.. Certain cd rom drive problems can be related to DMA being enabled or disabled.. Updating your cd rom drive firmware can also fix some cd rom problems..

I have a SB live Xgamer pci..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts